Monday, August 25, 2008

Loose ends

I can hardly believe two weeks have passed since I really posted to my blog, but that is a testament that it was a good time for me to do so. As I mentioned, my father-in-law was here (evidence of his handiwork still to come), and Nathan and I were sick the first week. And the second week? Well, I got a job. It's not full-time, or even permanent, neither of which I desire right now, but I do feel it's an answer to prayer.


The college needed some help in the absence of a prominent employee, and I am going to step in for the next six weeks or so to assist with Homecoming. I am excited to be part of campus again even for a short time, and am glad I can help out in a time of need. A local pastor's wife will take care of Nathan on the mornings I am working (3 a week). We went to her house the other night and he did not want to leave--I know he will have a lot of fun there! It's been amazing to me how God is working out all of the details--isn't He creative in His provision?


As a result of these new goings-on, I may post a little less in the coming weeks. I am hoping to still post atleast MWF (continuing my Thursdays off) because I've realized how much I use my blog as a way to process things I'm thinking and learning about. And as I told you, I have a growing list of topics to write on.

By the way, if you have a comment or post to share about a way God has creatively provided for you recently, I'd love to hear about it!

15 comments:

mom said...

I've missed your blog posts and look forward to hearing more in the coming days. I'll be thinking of you today on the first day of your new, but temporary part-time job. :) Love you, Mom

Angela - Life w/ One Busy Boy said...

Glad to have you back and to hear of God's provision in your life.

Frances said...

My Saturday post about an awesome deal on baby clothes at the thrift store counts as God's creative provision, I believe!

I'm sure being away from Nathan several hours on the days you work will be a new and interesting experience for you. I pray you enjoy your time with him even more!

Krista said...

My mother-in-law is a pastor's wife, and she has her own little day care. She does an amazing job! If your daycare lady is anything like my mom-in-law, you sure are blessed to have a loving lady care for your boy!

Kendra said...

I'm so glad everything is working out so well for you, Carrie!

One creative provision that showed up with Dad on Friday was a maternity shirt! :) How fun!!! Thanks for your thoughtfulnes and generosity!

Wendi said...

Best wishes with your job!

gail said...

glad you're back. what a wonderful opportunity for you to be back on campus and earn a bit of money too.

Amy said...

Good luck with this new job opportunity- it sounds perfect! I adore your new picture- so sweet! It takes me forever to update profile pictures too. :)

I think you have lead a great example for taking a break from the blog. I am planning a vacation next week so I can work on some stuff around the house. For some reason, this is really scary to me because I have never taken time off, but I think it will be good to rejuvenate myself.

((hugs)) Thinking of you!

Susan said...

Carrie,
This sounds great for you. I think this is good for you and Nathan. I am also being provided with opportunities like this too! Have a great time with this job, it sounds exciting.

Melody said...

That is really wonderful. I don't know if I would call our recent event creative but I was worried about how we were going to put our son's preschool into our budget. Then we had two different bills that just went down. It will more than cover the preschool.

God really always provides.

Ewokgirl said...

I'm so glad to see you back. Congratulations on the job! It sounds interesting.

A, B & C said...

We're glad to have you back and glad to hear about your new temporary job! It sounds like such fun and you'll do a great job. I can't wait to hear more about it and see what's been going on with your home improvements.

kelseylynae said...

Carrie,
I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun helping with Homecoming...I only wish I could make the journey back north to see everyone!

Speaking of God's provision: this month has been the tightest financially for Brent and I, as a lot of odds and ends bills needed to be paid, and I knew I wouldn't be getting a paycheck until the end of August. One of our friends stayed with us for a week while he attended meetings in Louisville, and although I had to stretch some recipes to provide hospitality to our friend, I knew God would provide. And when our friend left, he graciously slipped us a small but oh-so-helpful gift card to a local grocery store. God is so good... and to quote CS LEWIS, "I am afriad the only safe rule is to give more than we can spare."

Stephanie said...

My blog helps me process and plan too.

Praying for a smooth transition for you and your family as your schedule changes even if it is only temporary.

Anonymous said...

You're going to do great, Carrie! Your experience and personality are going to be a blessing to the office and the students you'll be working with. I just wish I make the trip to see all of your hard work pay off! I miss you, friend. - Sara