Monday, August 11, 2008

Taking a little break

In my blog profile, I wrote that I'm "striving to be a better steward of what I've been given--time, finances, relationships, opportunities, abilities." I haven't written on the topic of stewardship much lately, because July was just crazy with us traveling 3000 miles in 3 weeks. Particularly after such a big month of travel, I have decided that to be a better steward of my time I need to take a step back from blogging for a couple weeks. My father-in-law is staying with us for the next 2 weeks (He's here to help us with some major house improvements--yay!), and our computer happens to be in the guest room. I do plan to continue reading blogs, but I am not planning to post for a little awhile. I'm considering this a kind of "retreat" to work on some other projects and I look forward to feeling more refreshed when I "re-join" the blogging community. Thanks, as always, for reading, and for your comments which mean so much to me!

15 comments:

mom said...

I'll miss your blog posts, but hope the break is refreshing for you! Love, Mom

MyHeartIsAlwaysHome said...

Can't wait to hear about your home improvment project. Hope you have a refreshing break. ~Wendi

Liisa said...

I hope your break is a time of refreshing. You will be missed!

Blessings,
Liisa

Angela - Life w/ One Busy Boy said...

Hope your break is wonderful! You will be missed!

The Stepford Wife said...

Oh... Home improvement! It's stressful, but I know you'll be pleased with the final product. :) And how lucky to have family visiting from out of town.

We'll miss having you around, but as somebody who took a 5 month blog break to catch up with my household and entertain a parade of guests, I completely understand and sympathize!

snippity1 said...

Have a great time getting you home improvement done. I cannot wait to read your blogs again.

Amanda said...

I'm so glad you had some good family time. Its a blessing to have the ability to travel with family far away. And great idea to take some time off blogging. Enjoy life, read, relax, do projects, bask in the iowa heat before the cold hits..right? Maybe you can brainstorm the chicken idea too. :) Have fun home-improving.

Ewokgirl said...

I totally understand! Enjoy your time off from blogging!

thehomespunheart said...

I hope your time away is everything you need it to be - I'll miss you!

Amy said...

I am proud of you, Carrie! I need to do this- I have a hard time doing this though. Each time I think I will take a break, I get sucked back in. One of these days, I will do it!

Jenny S said...

I find that a break is alway's refreshing. I have found it hard to post and read others that I enjoy so much this summer. With all 5 children home from school, they come first before blogging. Look for ward to your return. I know that I don't comment much but I do read what your writing an greatly apperciate what you and your sister are doing to uplift and share with others.

Judy said...

I haven't commented in awhile but I know what you mean about just needing some time away. I took a few days off and it felt good to just relax and enjoy life. Not that blogging isn't fun. I think sometimes it consumes us too much. Enjoy the time with your father-in-law even if it is under working conditions (lol).

A, B & C said...

You deserve a break! Hope you get lots of projects done and have lots to share when you get back.

Frances said...

Yes, your posts will be missed. I hope your break proves incredibly fruitful - around your house and in your soul!

gail said...

when are you coming back? i don't think i can take the silence anymore ....