Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Even more random facts about me

Both Amy and Gail tagged me to do a list of 6 random things about myself. I keep thinking I'll run out of things to say, but I guess I have plenty of quirks to spread around!

1. I read somewhere a long time ago that the first stall in public bathrooms is the least popular, and thus the least germy (or at least that's how I took it). So I usually head for that one--isn't that useful information?!

2. I have always had an outie belly button. I strongly dislike it, especially since pregnancy makes it even more of an outie!

3. I have mixed feelings about Facebook. I don't spend much time on there, but it has been fun to re-connect with people from different times in my life. It's just weird to me that it's all so "public"--that tons of people can read your messages to your friends. And I don't add all the games and applications--simple is just fine for me. So if you send me a request to adopt a virtual Chia pet or to take you on in the world's biggest Scrabble tournment, I will probably reject your invitation. (Just so you know in advance!)

4. I really dislike painting my nails--I'm terribly clumsy with it. I don't like how painted fingernails look on myself, but I do keep my toes painted during the summer.

5. With a new month beginning tomorrow, I look forward to flipping to the next page of our kitchen calendar. (Mer, did you say this sometime? It really is a fun monthly ritual!)

6. My favorite pen is the Uniball vision fine-tip in black. They're kind of expensive, so I put them on my Christmas list, and am truly excited if I receive some. (Yes, I am both thrifty and practical!)

7. I just finished the final book in the Mitford series and will be posting about that later this week.

13 comments:

mom said...

Fun facts to read about you -- I always learn something new about you when you do these. This time it was how you feel about Facebook and the info about the first stall in public bathrooms (who knew??) -- thanks for sharing! Love you, Mom

Hayley said...

How many books are in the Mitford Series. I checked out "Shepherds Abiding", but didn't get into it, so I brought it back and checked out "Mitford at Home", which I believe is the first in the series. I am kind of particular about reading a series of books in order! Fun facts.....I'll for sure remember the bathroom one. Good to know!

Christy@MercyEveryMorning said...

That's funny about the bathroom...I read that too, and try to remember to check the first one first. :)

Rebecca said...

I just joined Facebook and completely agree! Hubs and I had that exact conversation last night.

I too am clumsy with nail polish - it drives me crazy! I'll pay to have my nails done rather than try and do it myself. (therefore, they are never done. :)

Have a great day!

Katie said...

Neat post Carrie! As for your #1 ~ I heard/read that same piece of info somewhere and opt for that first stall as well! Also about Facebook ~ a couple of friends were urging me to join and I said I didn't need to and wasn't going to...and then my hubby's brother called me up one day and said he made up a group specifically for my hubby while he's deployed. So I joined to see what that was all about, but don't like that it "shrinks the world" so much! Anyway, I too only log on very little and reject outside apps/gifts. I might even just delete my acct one day because there's just *something* about it that doesn't sit well with me. :-) And why fret??

Familia Stilwell said...

That cracked me up about the bathroom! But, you know it will stick with me and I will be checking the first one each time I use a public restroom. Too funny. I was so excited to find your blog again. I lost all my favorites in the transition to the States, but ran across yours by accident the other day. It was a fun surprise!

gail said...

i had heard that about the first stall too. and i too love changing the page on the calendar! too funny.

i'm not into facebook, guess its a generation thing. tho my 83 yr old mom has been talking about doing it! what's up with that? so maybe its not a age thing, maybe i'm just a fuddy dud hee hee

Susan said...

I will remember that about the stall, that is useful. These are always fun to read!

Carrie said...

I'm with you about Facebook.

And I loved the Mitford series!

thehomespunheart said...

I joined Facebook and then got a little paranoid about my lack of privacy - so am took my name out for now.

I'm excited to read what you have to say about the Mitford series! :)

Never knew about the bathroom thing!

Monica

Kendra said...

I love hearing about all your random facts! Who knew you could really come up with so much truly random tidbits!

I have to say I love Facebook though. It such a great way to keep up to date on many college friends - many of whom I was an RA to during my years there. I also think it's quite funny how many parents conveniently sign up for it just as their kids leave for college. You can run, but you can't hide!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Yep, I love flipping the calendar to a new month too! It just holds so much promise!

Great list. I always use the first restroom stall too...I read that same info somewhere!

Linds said...

Okay, the bathroom tip is the best thing I've heard in a long time and will definitely put it to use.

And not to rub it in but I have an innie and I love it! :)

Gotta love a good pen, I'm like that with a new pair of socks. They're on my Christmas list every year,I'm sure my MIL thought I was strange but now is used to it and I don't even have to put it on the list anymore :)

I got the book in the mail yesterday and skimmed through it, it looks good. Thank you!