Friday, September 19, 2008

Happy fall, y'all!

We have a fabulous pumpkin farm just a few miles from us, and it's proven quite popular with Nathan, especially because they have a free petting zoo. He keeps talking about goats, chickens and puppies! =)
We went to the pumpkin patch the other night, and tried getting a rare family photo but you-know-who didn't exactly cooperate. I told Eric we should at least get a cute pic of the two of us:
The same generous neighbors who shared their apple harvest last year extended the same invitation to gather windfalls. Nathan had fun helping pick up the apples. My mom and I already made a double batch of muffins and a big crockpot of applesauce. Oh, I just love apple baking in the fall!
Thanks to my mom for coming to visit, and happy birthday wishes to my dad--love you both!

12 comments:

thehomespunheart said...

I just stepped outside and the air is cool and it smells like FALL!!!!! Yeah! Love your fun pix! Looks like we both have an apple theme today! :)

Love you,
Monica

Tracy said...

Carrie, your hairstyle in these recent pictures is adorable!

Mary Ann said...

It's cool here this morning too. Feels great!

We usually get our apples in early October when we go to the mountains, although I can hardly wait to can applesauce again. We ate ours too quickly last winter!:-)

I love how Nathan is holding a stick! I know two little boys who would love to play with him.:-)

Wendi said...

Glad you had a fun time!

mom said...

What fun memories of our time together! It was great to watch Nathan at the pumpkin farm and then hear him talking about it for days! Dad and I are planning to stop at the Happy Apple Farm on our way down to get wood tomorrow -- then I'll be cooking applesauce here, too! Love you, Mom

Jamie said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! Don't you just love all the fall stuff?! :-)

Ewokgirl said...

You look really good in pink! Wow, you're already wearing sweaters where you live.

I'm envying you your apple-picking opportunity! Homemade applesauce sounds fantastic.

Mom2fur said...

Cute photos!
I really have to get to the local apple orchard. I'm sure I heard some Macouns calling my name...

Abbey said...

How fun! I love fall. We don't have very fall-like temperatures here and I'm so hot! I know everyone else will hate me for it, but can we please get some cool, crisp weather!

Kentucky Kate said...

Hi Carrie. Thanks for commenting on my blog, and what a sweet compliment. The guest post will officially be posted on Friday, but I would be honored to have you link to it. Thanks so much :)

Amy said...

What great pictures!! I am so happy fall is finally here. It is my favorite season :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Carrie:

I'm so glad you & your Mom had such a fun trip. Wish I could have seen the B & B!
Sorry it rained so much while you were gone, but I know you didn't let it stop you from having fun.

Love, Grandma