Friday, September 26, 2008

Harvest moon

Iowa, some people think you're blah and boring. But I know better--you're beautiful, especially this time of year. The stalks of corn stand tall and proud, the golden soybean fields gleam, and when there is a full moon rising in the autumn sky, it takes my breath away.
(The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Psalm 19:1)
Wednesday was a pop comments post--I loved reading about your unique mom styles! The winner of a MOPS book about motherhood is Linds, which is perfect for today's post, because she's a fellow Iowan! Thanks for commenting.

12 comments:

thehomespunheart said...

Very cool pic - is that at the N's farm? Thinking of you today!

mom said...

This was even more gorgeous in person! :) Love you, Mom

Leah in Iowa said...

Yep - we were on the same wave length, posting photos of our beautiful Iowa skies!

autumnesf said...

I do miss the midwest! Being neighbors over in Nebraska we saw many of those wonderful harvest moons also. I do miss that!

Kali said...

That makes me homesick for Iowa - beautiful!

Jean said...

Beauty is as near as right around you only if you know how to find it. I like Iowa all right (I shop frequently in DesMoines metro) and have saw many pretty nature stuffs. Even then, I STILL miss Michigan where there's a lot more trees (as compared to corn here). Moved here when married nearly 5 years ago.

gail said...

beautiful picture! i love a harvest moon.

congrats to linds. i suspected that was a contest question! you're so sneaky, carrie hee hee

have a great weekend.

Hayley said...

Sooooo pretty! I love the smell of Harvest...the cool, crisp nights.....and everything that harvest brings!

Linds said...

Wow, thanks for the book, looks great!

Love the pic! I do so love this time of year.

Susan said...

Great pic of the moon. I found Iowa to have a charm of its own;)

Wendi said...

Beautiful picture! I don't think Iowa is boring. I loved my trip to Iowa!

Judy said...

I have to say your picture is very nice. I love that shot.