Monday, September 1, 2008

Lions, and tigers, and bears, oh my!

On Saturday, Nathan had his first trip to the zoo. He was in a particularly good mood, and it was probably the best family outing we've had. Nathan loved seeing all of the animals, especially the "monk-mees." =) Here are some pictures from our day together:

The best seat in town: riding on Daddy's shoulders!
Nathan "milking" a cow with Mommy
Nathan is really fascinated with goats, so he had fun feeding them!

The weather was perfect, and we'd also packed a picnic lunch, which we enjoyed at a nearby park. Since we live so far away from the zoo, we decided to make a day of it!

What a great day we had. What about you--did you do anything special over the weekend?

13 comments:

mom said...

Great photos of this fun family day! So glad you all had this pleasant day together -- may there be many more like it! :) Love to all, Mom

Jane said...

Ha! We just went last weekend

Jthemilker said...

I just have to say... The cow picture... that's me like 30 some years ago! I'll post it on my blog. Too funny!

Wendi said...

Looks like fun! Glad you had a good time.

Susan said...

He is such a big boy! Looks like fun, need to take JR to a zoo soon.

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Looks like a fun day, Carrie!

My husband has been out of town most of the weekend, however, he's home now and we're heading out for a hike in just a bit!

Enjoy your Labor Day.

Lauren@Baseballs&Bows said...

What fun! So glad you could enjoy that time together!

Angela - Life w/ One Busy Boy said...

That cow must be a staple at all little local zoo's cause we have the same one and just went on Saturday and have a very similar picture. :)

Abbey said...

I love the pictures- what fun! You're motivating me to get Love Bug to the zoo before we leave Chicago.

We went to a football game, swam at the pool a few times, and went to a special Labor Day party at my Mom's golf club.

Anonymous said...

Cute pix - love your hair and purple shirt! I'll call you soon! Glad it was a great day!

Mandi

Kimmers said...

Oh what a fun day! I love your sons hair. Cute little curls.

thehomespunheart said...

Cute pix! We had a great time at the ocean! :)

Kendra said...

What a fun day. I'm so glad Nathan was such a good boy for you!!