Monday, October 6, 2008

Homecoming re-cap

Here are a couple photos from the big project I was working on: coordinating my alma mater's annual Homecoming kids' carnival. It went really well! The weather was gorgeous, and the details I'd been most anxious about worked out quite smoothly. Praise the Lord!


We had a country/farm theme, so I needed to dress the part. (You can see Baby #2 starting to make an appearance--an entire month earlier this second time around!)

What good is a farm theme with no animals? We brought in a small petting zoo, and kids were even allowed to give the animals little pellets of food. Nathan says "Baby goats, Mama!" multiple times a day.
I have mixed feelings about being done. I won't miss rushing around in the mornings, but it was fun, and I think it will be challenging adjusting back to being home full time. I'm grateful for the opportunity I had to work part-time, but I'm also grateful I can stay home with Nathan.

12 comments:

Hayley said...

Oh brother you skinny binny!! I can't even tell that baby #2 is coming! You are too cute in your farmer gear! Glad you had fun, and am glad you can be home now more with N!!

Amy said...

That's it? You look great- I was expecting a bigger bump than that ;) You look great and I am glad things went well!!

Kara K said...

Carrie - it looks like you did a great job! I wanted to come up as I was at my parents but my mom declared that she got first dibs on my time!

KaraK

gail said...

give yourself some time to readjust to being home again. you'll get into the groove again. glad homecoming was a success.

Wendi said...

Glad that everything went well. You look so cute with your little bump!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Looks like it was a success! Congrats on a job well done, and congrats on being home again!

Anonymous said...

Hi Carrie:

Glad that Homecoming went well.
You do look so cute in your farmer outfit & with your "little bump" in your tummy.
Where did you get the animals?
Looks like Nathan had fun too.
I know you'll be glad to be home again with Nathan, but at the same time miss your contact with the "working world". Glad you had the opportunity.

Take care & God Bless!

Love, Grandma

Susan said...

Carrie,
You look great. And homecoming looks like a success too. Glad you are able to be home with Nathan. You never know what doors will open after the homecoming event!

Angela - Life w/ Two Busy Boys said...

Looks like fun!!

Jamie said...

I think my "bump" looks bigger! :-) Though I think it all depends on what shirt I am wearing! It's so fun to see how you are doing with your pregnancy. Love your farmer outfit!

Familia Stilwell said...

Looks like so much fun! Wow, I had missed that post about your good news...congratulations! That is so exciting!

Anonymous said...

Hey you - hope your Tuesday morning and evening go well with your groups. How are the play dates going? You are awesome, Carrie! When's the next swap? :)

Love you,
Mandi