Monday, October 27, 2008

Linkadoos and updates

Lots of randomness:
  • It was so much fun to read your comments about your various domestic influences--thanks for taking the time to share! I even learned a new tip from Gail, who cooks her chicken breasts in the crockpot. I tried it last week, and loved how easy it was. Plus, our dog appreciated the bonus broth created in the process!
  • You may recall my post about watching HSM2 with a lively 200 college women. Well, I couldn't resist seeing the newest release on opening night (the 9:30 pm showing--yikes!) with a sold-out college crowd. So much fun to watch this movie in such an energetic environment. Quite a few of the students chose to wear either prom dresses or graduation gowns to celebrate the "senior year" theme of the movie, which added to the festivities. (Anyone else go see it?!)
  • If you plan to order anything on-line in the near future, I strongly suggest you check out Ebates. You can open an account by clicking here, and you can then earn money for each purchase you make through the site. It's like a portal--you can still order from your favorite sites, you just start by clicking through Ebates so you can earn credit. And by signing up on the link listed above, you and I each earn $5 in our accounts--what a deal!
  • Take a minute to click over here and support breast cancer awareness by helping donate mammograms to women who need them--it costs no money--only a few seconds of your time!
  • Apparently, I've developed a reputation as the "campus sub." =) Before Nathan was born, I worked in public relations at the college, and the woman who took my position will be moving next month. So once again, I'll be stepping into an interim situation. I start the second week of November, and am unsure of the time frame, as it depends on when they can find a replacement.
  • I'm really appreciating singer songwriter Sara Groves right now. I recently saw her in concert--a unique night of music and challenge, and the following week she was our featured speaker at MOPS (via video). This particular song of Sara's sets a nice stage for tomorrow's post . . .

7 comments:

Hayley said...

My daughter G LOVES HSM, and has seen all 3 now! Yes, I took her to the Sunday matinee yesterday, and I was just as excited as she was. I wish they would come out with more movies like this where the focus is on art/music, and not sex/violence.

Also, I will have to check out Gail's recipe for crockpot chicken.....that sounds so easy...I NEED to try that!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Yep, we saw HSM3 this weekend too, but the audience wasn't quite as into as the crowd you saw it with! LOL!

I love Sara Groves' music...and really, her Christmas album is beautiful.

Carrie...the pumpkin chocolate chip muffins were quite a hit at the neighborhood work day! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

gail said...

is ebates like mypoints? i just got "conned" into signing up with them. not really! not sure how i feel about using them. wondering if they are worth the trouble ...

glad i was able to give you a new tip! i love to pass on info to others ...

Frances said...

Thanks for the Ebates tip - I had already signed up but haven't been using it. I always go to Discovercard.com first to see what cashback bonus we can get by following their shopping links. But I will compare them with Ebates for future purchases. I noticed that Ebates does not give kickbacks for Amazon purchases; if you don't already have someone whose link you use, there are several Amazon buttons on our blog that gives us a small percentage from purchases made after clicking through them.

Anonymous said...

Sara Groves is one of my favorites. God has used her music to lift me up many times in the last several years. Listening to her songs is like listening to one of my friends. She is so normal and down to earth. I bet her concert was incredible.

Valerie

thehomespunheart said...

Grace and I thought about going to the SG concert - and I know we both kind of wish we had, though that night we knew it was right to stay home.

Beautiful song - looking forward to your post (about N?)

Amy said...

WE love Sara Groves. We were blessed to see her in concert at a church a few years back, and I would love to see her again. I so appreciate her songwriting. Beautiful!