- It was so much fun to read your comments about your various domestic influences--thanks for taking the time to share! I even learned a new tip from Gail, who cooks her chicken breasts in the crockpot. I tried it last week, and loved how easy it was. Plus, our dog appreciated the bonus broth created in the process!
- You may recall my post about watching HSM2 with a lively 200 college women. Well, I couldn't resist seeing the newest release on opening night (the 9:30 pm showing--yikes!) with a sold-out college crowd. So much fun to watch this movie in such an energetic environment. Quite a few of the students chose to wear either prom dresses or graduation gowns to celebrate the "senior year" theme of the movie, which added to the festivities. (Anyone else go see it?!)
- If you plan to order anything on-line in the near future, I strongly suggest you check out Ebates. You can open an account by clicking here, and you can then earn money for each purchase you make through the site. It's like a portal--you can still order from your favorite sites, you just start by clicking through Ebates so you can earn credit. And by signing up on the link listed above, you and I each earn $5 in our accounts--what a deal!
- Take a minute to click over here and support breast cancer awareness by helping donate mammograms to women who need them--it costs no money--only a few seconds of your time!
- Apparently, I've developed a reputation as the "campus sub." =) Before Nathan was born, I worked in public relations at the college, and the woman who took my position will be moving next month. So once again, I'll be stepping into an interim situation. I start the second week of November, and am unsure of the time frame, as it depends on when they can find a replacement.
- I'm really appreciating singer songwriter Sara Groves right now. I recently saw her in concert--a unique night of music and challenge, and the following week she was our featured speaker at MOPS (via video). This particular song of Sara's sets a nice stage for tomorrow's post . . .
Monday, October 27, 2008
Linkadoos and updates
Lots of randomness: