Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Still: life

Here are a few recent snapshots:

Gail requested that I share some examples of cards I've made recently. These all happen to be magazine clippings pasted on those wonderful cardstock scraps that you can buy in a bundle at the craft store. So simple, and I like having small cards on hand to tuck in with gifts and packages.
I am so excited to have finally found a source for local farm fresh eggs--even better, they're from a former student I worked with when I was a dorm director. Aren't they beautiful? My friend even dropped them off at my house--now that's service!Several months ago I hosted a photography giveaway by my talented friend, Lisa. As a thank you, she sent me a print of my favorite shot. I just found it in a pile of papers and immediately rummaged for a frame. I love how it looks it's in this spot, and it's even more perfect because that bathroom is full of prints and photos from my time in France.This is a common scene at our house: Nathan playing with Legos. I snagged a plastic bag full of them for just 50 cents--more than worth the time he's played with them already!
Lastly, Autumn tagged me in a photo game, so I need to post the 6th pic in my 6th photo folder. Thankfully, it's a cute one! Here's Nathan with his cousins Emily and Rachel at the park when they visited us in Iowa this past summer.

12 comments:

Mary Ann said...

I really like those cards. We get farm fresh eggs regularly too. They are the best!

The pictures of Nathan remind me so much of one of the boys I babysit. They really favor each other and have the same hair! Too cute!

Mom said...

Cute cards! How great to have farm fresh eggs. :) Nice gift from Lisa. :) Love the photos of Nathan building a "tall tower" with Legos and of the little cousins! Love you, Mom

Allison said...

Great update. I have fresh eggs delivered to me at work. Unfortunately, the chickens do not lay eggs during the winter- so I have to buy store bought :(.

Tracy said...

I hope that's a UofM jersey!!

Jen said...

I just had to let you know that I made your Scotcheroos and they were great.

My family loved them.

Thanks for sharing!!

gail said...

cute cards carrie! thanks for humoring me. love the eggs. reminds me of our chicken days--ahhh! great pics of nathan and of the girls. so cute together!

thehomespunheart said...

We love having farm fresh eggs as well! Cute pix! :)

Mom2fur said...

Be prepared for a lifetime of Legos...my 22-year-old still likes them, LOL!

snippity1 said...

I love the flip-flop notecard! Also, we have love of legos in my home too. I love the duplos, they are so much easier to clean up and keep track of than the small piece ones!

Jamie said...

The fresh eggs look great..for some reason fresh eggs can just cheer a person. I need to work on making some cards like you do! It would be so handy to have a stockpile of them!

Amy said...

I love your pictures and I am loving those cards -what a great idea! Thanks for sharing a glimpse into your life- those eggs look delicious!!!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Oh, Legos are such a good investment. Especially at .50/bag!

Your cards are cute too! What a great idea.