Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Harvest swap show and tell

Well, it was another wonderful swap--thanks to all of you who joined the fun!

My partner, April, and her blog were unfamiliar to me before the swap, and it's always fun to "meet" someone new! She put all of my goodies together in a fall basket, which she wrapped with cellophane--it was a beautiful presentation!
Inside were lots of fun goodies: silk fall leaves and "pick," cinnamon vanilla candle, chocolate, mulling spices, journal and notepad with my initial, pretty homemade "harvest" print, comfort food recipes, and this book. I only have a couple fall decorations, so I was excited to add some new items to my collection. I also look forward to reading the book, as my middle school small group has been reading that author's series of books for young women. Thanks so much, April!
Here is what I put in my shoebox to April: Thanksgiving stickers, napkins, notepad and candles; fair trade tea and spoon rest; scrapbook journal, potpourri, devotional, and some of my homemade chai mix.
Last but not least, my mom wanted me to post a photo of the colorful goodies she received from her swap partner, Michelle. She especially liked the items that were tied to Little House on the Prairie.

Now it's your turn to show and tell--please link directly to your swap post!



11 comments:

asnipofgoodness said...

Thank you carrie and monica for hosting the swap, and Happy Harvest to you both!!!

Carrie said...

Carrie -- can you delete that first link I added, it kept words from when I post menus on Organizing Junkie!! Arrrgghhh!! But the link is correct! ;-) Thanks so much for organizing this swap! It was so much fun!!

Kim said...

Thanks so much for the swap, ladies! This was so much fun!

Happy Harvest!

Elise said...

I hope I did it right. I had so much fun with this swap!! Thank you, Carrie, and Monica for hosting!!
Elise

Angela - Life w/ Two Busy Boys said...

Hmm...Mr. Linky is missing...here is my link...

http://busyboysblog.blogspot.com/2008/11/harvest-swap.html

Amy A. said...

Isn't this so much fun? Thank you Carrie and Monica!

Can't wait to go look at everyone's boxes.

Michelle said...

This was my first time participating in one of your swaps, and I loved it, thanks so much for hosting!

Huskerbabe said...

I can't find Mr Linky! But I posted my swap on my blog.
Thanks for hosting this, it was fun!

Debbie J. said...

Hi, I was out of town, but posted about the swap early. I guess I missed Mr. Linky. I really enjoyed the swap. Thanks!

Here's my link:http://homemakingdreams.blogspot.com/2008/11/sisters-shoebox-swap-harvest.html

Jen said...

I am late doing this:~( Thank you for hosting the Swap. I enjoyed it.

Linda said...

hehe.. I must be the last one by now ;)

I enjoyed this sooooo much! Say, when can we expect the next swap?? ;)

greetings from the netherlands!