Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Fall into reading final update

First, thanks to all who commented about the weather yesterday--so interesting. The temperature range was 77 degrees: -13 in Ontario and 64 in South Carolina. Crazy!


Here's a link to my original fall reading list, and below is an actual list of what I read these past 3 months:

-Shepherds Abiding by Jan Karon--This was my favorite of the list, and I reviewed the Mitford series here.

-Cleaning Up the Clutter by Emilie Barnes--I was interested in reading this because Monica found it so helpful. It wasn't my favorite, though I always enjoy reading about organization! =)

-The Girlfriends' Guide to Toddlers by Vicki Iovine

-Gorgeously Green by Sophie Uliano--plan to write some posts on this in January

-The Simple Living Guide by Janet Luhrs--I was proud of myself for finishing this one "on time" (before we leave for CO so I can return it to my mom after an 8-month loan!) and will share some thoughts from it soon.

-Hints on Child Training by H. Clay Trumbull--still working on this one, which was recommended by a fellow blogger after this post. I will definitely post some thoughts once I'm finished.


I was disappointed I didn't get to as many books as I thought I would, but with working part-time and extra involvements, I really can't compare my list to what I plowed through last fall. Once I finish the child training book, I'm definitely going to seek out a novel--I love informational reading, but I could use a little fiction right now! Thanks to Callapidder Days for once again hosting this fun event.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

I have the mitford books on my books to read in 2009.

I find it hard to read with so many other things that need my attention. When I get in to bed I love to read. But find there are nights when I fall asleep after readng only 4 sentances.

Ginger said...

I have a 2 week break coming up and need a book. I think I'm going to try out the Mitford series after all I've heard.

Claire said...

What did you think about the guide to the simple life?

I've read so many similar books and am looking for a really spectacular one.

Any thoughts?

choystercash@gmail.com

Thanks!

Amy A. said...

We have snow here today, too! I'm sorry your brunches have been delayed, but the snow sure helps make it feel Christmas-y.

I wish I could have seen your signing in church. There is definitely something about being pregnant at this time of year that makes advent more meaningful.

xoxo