Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The weekend: his and hers

Dead animals:Crafting, cookies and kiddo:I'll let you guess which pictures correspond with him and which with her--ha! =)

*If you're wondering about the tape measure--Eric entered one of his pheasants in a local longest feather contest. So far, he is winning, so it will be fun to see what happens. Unfortunately for me, the prize is a mounted pheasant (think taxidermy--yikes!)
*After seeing a photo of my favorite Christmas cookie on my sister's blog last week, I've been itching to make a batch. Delish! Those cute little jars are filled with peppermint foot scrub (1 c. sugar, 1/2 c. baby or olive oil, dash of peppermint extract, and some red sugar for color)--a little gift to each of the moms in my MOPS group.

13 comments:

thehomespunheart said...

Oh my, what a funny contrast! :)

I love the foot scrub jars - turned out so cute! Mmmm, wish I could come over for a cookie!

Cute pic of N!

Love you -
Monica

mom said...

Yes, this is a contrast! Glad Eric had a safe and pleasant trip.

Those jars of foot scrub look very fun -- I'm sure the ladies in your group will appreciate them! The cookies look good, too -- I'm planning to make those for while you are all here. I hope mine turn out as good as yours and Monica's.

My favorite photo is the one of a happy boy! Love you, Mom

Christy@MercyEveryMorning said...

I want to make that foot scrub! Are those large baby food jars?

Katie said...

Cute post. We call those cookies 'Snowballs'. :-) We are going to have a cookie exchange soon...hope I get some of that kind! I hope you are doing well! Thanks for the foot scrub *recipe*!

Jenny said...

Love the contrast between the two of you. Your jars look so cute!

Wendi said...

Fun post! Although I like to support my man, I might just be hoping he was a close second in that contest!! Those are my favorite cookies also. Luckily I only have them at Christmas!

gail said...

great post! and thanks for including the recipe. i've been brainstorming on an easy, quick gift. think i've found it! where did you pick up your jars?

Carmen said...

That's such a great picture Nathan laughing. I might borrow your foot scrub gift for my accountability group cause I'm getting very tired of the spiced nuts I've been making for work people.

Mary Ann said...

That was a funny contrast!

The gift jars are cute and the cookies look very yummy! I enjoy making those too, some years.

debra said...

Hi Carrie,
Cute post!
Love the peppermint foot scrub idea. I think I will make some too. Thanks for sharing.
Debra

Angela - Life w/ Two Busy Boys said...

My husband went pheasant shooting once he said he wanted to get it stuffed...I thought it was going to be a small bird so I said sure...now I have a huge pheasant sitting on top of my computer hutch.

Linds said...

The foot scrub looks great, I may have to make some! Thanks Carrie!

Anonymous said...

I think the photo of the dead deer is a bit much...not everyone is "ok" with hunting