Monday, January 19, 2009

Blahg

I've been thinking a lot about my sister's post from last week on re-ordering her time and priorities. She and I had talked about some of this stuff when we were together last month (always a pleasure!), and I was excited to read about some of her conclusions.

While considering the same topic for myself, one of the things I've decided to ease up on is posting on my blog 4 times a week. I still have plenty of ideas waiting to be written, but I'm feeling a little blahg right now (get it--blog/blahg?!) As I finish up my part-time work at the college and prepare for baby #2, I'm not feeling as enthusiastic and motivated as I've usually been in regards to blogging. Somewhere along the way I convinced myself that I needed to maintain my MTWF posting schedule, and lately that's been feeling like somewhat of a burden. That shift tells me I need to re-evaluate this piece of my life.

I started this blog to be a journal of sorts, to interact with old and new friends, and to share and glean ideas. It has been all of this and more, and I really have been blessed to be part of the community I've found here. So I'm not leaving, not by any means, I'm just taking away the self-inflicted pressure to check in as frequently as I have in the past. I hope you'll stick with me on this journey, and I'll see ya when I see ya!

13 comments:

Wendi said...

Blogging should be fun and not feel like a chore. Taking a break now and then is refreshing!

I'll see you when I see you!!

angie said...

You know the saying--absence makes the heart grow fonder. We will enjoy your posts when they arrive. And you will enjoy your time with Nathan and the p/t job. Win-win!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Why do we do that? Put pressure on ourselves?

I do it too, and I"m going to read your sister's poem right now!

Miss you, but completely understand.

Katie said...

I'll for sure be checking in! And if I don't stop back before....have a WONDERFUL birthday this week! :-) A historic one, right!? It is a blessing to *know* you through your blog. I'm praying for you and your little growing one...

Blessings Carrie,
Katie

Ewokgirl said...

I can totally relate. I think there's always that fear that if you don't blog for a while, you'll lose all your readers. So far, I've found that not to be true. Do what you need to do, and I hope I'll see you back here sooner rather than later!

debra said...

Enjoy your break! You have a lot going on now. Enjoy getting ready for baby #2 - I wouldn't ever want to miss out on something that grand. I will check in from time to time for sure. Take care!

Frances said...

Sounds good, Carrie - although I love reading what you have to share each time, I always wondered why you pressured yourself to post so regularly. Discipline is good, but, in this case, we will stand by for those times (however few and far between) that the Spirit moves you to share something. :)

gail said...

when it becomes a chore and not fun, then yes! its time to reassess. good decision.

you've got alot going on right now with baby #2 coming!

Angela - Life w/ Two Busy Boys said...

By looking at my blog you can see that I've been feeling much of the same way...and when that baby number 2 comes it's amazing how little time you have. I also feel like Joshua doesn't get as much of my time so I would much rather give my time to my children than to a blog. All this to say, I totally understand! Take care of yourself and family first...blog later. :)

Amy said...

I am emailing you this afternoon- sorry for the delay :)

If blogging begins to feel like a chore or a job, I agree that you should not hold yourself to it. Sometimes when I take a break, that is when the best ideas flow from me. I am proud of you for knowing when to step back!

Mom said...

Dear Carrie,
The "self-inflicted" pressure to keep up with a blog is exactly why I don't do one! I love your blog posts and the insight they provide into your heart and life, but I'm thankful you know when to take breaks! Love you, Mom

Julie Anne said...

I loved your "Blahg" It is how I have been feeling of late... Having a hard time knowing what to write, finding the time to write, and prioritizing my time!! breaks are good, but I will be looking forward to your future posts, whenever they may be.

Jenny said...

Like you and your sister I find my self looking at my time, how it is spent. Some times change is a good thing. I am thinking of going to a M/W/F/Sunday posting. Since I don't want it to feel like it is a have to. I want to feel joy in the things I put effort into.