Monday, January 5, 2009

A cozy cabin Christmas

My mom, Monica and I had a good laugh when people asked if our mountain cabin would have running water. Granted, we did a lot of tent camping growing up, but with four toddlers and a pregnant woman on board, primitive conditions are not my idea of a good time, especially in the winter! This was our beautiful home for several days of the Christmas holiday:
Isn't it fabulous?! My mom had the brilliant idea to bring a Christmas tree and a few simple decorations, and those really helped make the setting more festive. It was a wonderful set-up for our family.

As you can see below, the view wasn't too bad, either. Oh, Colorado, I sure do like you!
Tomorrow, I'll post some family photos, and Wednesday, I'll share about Nathan's birthday celebrations. Thanks for checking in!

13 comments:

Jenny said...

When winter comes here the water at the cabin has to be shut off. We went a year ago up to the cabin shortly after the water had been shut off. Only to have to carry water in from the creek next to the cabin so as to flush the toliets.

Your cabin is beautiful. Reminds me of our family cabin. Which I vowed never to go in winter again!

Mary Ann said...

One of our friend's parents own a cabin on the Blue Ridge parkway. They graciously offered to let us use it for an anniversary trip one year. I was imagining something very small and primitive but the cabin was much like the one your family stayed in. It was beautiful and huge with more amenities than we have at home. LOL!!!

Love the pictures that you an Monica have shared of your family's Christmas. Looks wonderful and so cozy!

Wendi said...

What a beautiful view! I laughed when I read that people had asked about running water. That would have made for an interesting experience. Looking forward to seeing your pictures.

thehomespunheart said...

Yeah - we were really roughin it huh? :)

It was so wonderful to share the whole adventure with you and your sweet family!

Angela - Life w/ Two Busy Boys said...

Oh that looks just so beautiful...what a great way to spend Christmas!!

gail said...

i've only been to colorado once, and that was in May, but it was glorious then too.

your cabin looks fabulous. and i'm sure it was wonderful with family.

glad you're back in the blogging world.

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

It's beautiful, Carrie. Where were you?

Susan said...

Gorgeous! Where is that? I would love to stay there one day, it is like a dream. I am glad you guys had a great time.

Jamie said...

BEAUTIFUL! :-)

Ewokgirl said...

Beautiful! What a wonderful Christmas experience!

Julie Anne said...

that is one nice mountain cabin!! looks like a great place to be.

when I was a kid, I always wanted to move to Colorado... right now I just want to be somewhere WARM!!!

Christy@MercyEveryMorning said...

I've enjoyed yours and Monica's posts on your Christmas! I'm glad you could all be together. I've been wondering if there are any updates on your Dad? Thanks for your sweet comments today. :)

mom said...

What special memories we made this Christmas! Thank you for being here and for sharing these photos and thoughts -- love you, Mom