Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Fun with cousins!

Nathan rarely gets to see his cousins because three live on the West coast, and three on the East. We look at their pictures a lot, but it's sure not the same as getting to play with one another.

It was fun to watch the kids interact, and we made many happy memories during our week together:

*Grammie let Emily, Rachel and Nathan lick the beaters after she made some of her delicious frosting!
*Reading books was a popular activity.
*A successful creative venture: bringing snow inside for the kids to play with. They lasted a long time scooping snow with spoons and building little snowmen. (Poor Emily needed a band-aid after the morning's sledding excursion, and Rachel wanted to wear a bandage, too!)
*Monica's homemade Christmas jammies turned out so cute--and the cousins are pretty darling, too!

7 comments:

Leah in Iowa said...

Such fun photos! Sure looks like you all had a great time. I thought of you often, and prayed for your family many times.

Wendi said...

Bringing snow inside is always a big hit here!

Hayley said...

Looks like you had a great time! I so wish I would have taken a trip back to CO with you while in college...still haven't been there yet! The pictures look so beautiful! Those PJ's are a hoot...wish I could make PJ's..you and M are so very talented and creative! Was the snow your idea?? I've never done that for fear of huge puddles in the house. I know, I need to lighten up a little.

angie said...

I never thought of bringing snow inside...I can't imagine playing with it without gloves! Nathan looks like he is enjoying his cousins.

Katie said...

So adorable! :-) Looks like a fun, cozy time! I love it!

(And I saw a cute photo of you on Monica's blog ~ your daughter is making an appearance! You are so cute pregnant!!)

Have a wonderful week!
Blessings,
Katie

Susan said...

Just precious!

Anonymous said...

I love these pictures! I can't believe how big Monica's kids are! Oh how kids grow - I forgot! :)

Mandi