Friday, January 9, 2009

New tunes

It's been a long time since I've gotten a new CD, and I made up for it by receiving four new ones for Christmas!

Several months ago I asked you all for suggestions of uplifting praise music, and you didn't disappoint. I just received two of the recommendations and have really been enjoying them--Sing Over Me is a fabulous compilation featuring several wonderful female Christian singers (including one of my favorites, Nichole Nordeman). I also got a copy of the upbeat Seeds Faith CD and appreciate that all the lyrics are taken directly from Scripture.

The other two discs I received were Christmas albums. I find Jim Brickman's music to be quite relaxing, and was excited to receive a second one of his holiday recordings. At the recommendation of Mer, I added Sara Groves' Christmas CD to my list, and enjoyed Sara's new arrangements of old favorites.

While we're on the subject of music, I also want to tell you about a new singer-songwriter I just discovered. I'm really enjoying listening to her on-line, and was even more excited to learn that her music producer is a college friend of Eric's. What a small world! She's labeled pop/rock/alternative, so if that suits your taste, I encourage you to check her out.

Anyone else get new music for Christmas?

6 comments:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I love Nichole Nordeman, and I LOVE Jim Brickman even more!

Glad you liked the Sara Groves too.

We got the Mamma Mia soundtrack, Jonas brothers, and a Journey cd for Christmas. That's what I've been listening to. :)

Glad to hear that your dad is feeling pretty well.

gail said...

i didn't get any new tunes, but i have been checking out cd's from our library which has a great selection. gotta love the big/small city.

i checked out one from passion--love it! as i knew i would from the few songs they play on the radio. and another one that is all about the life of david from a compilation of artists. love that one too.

glad you are enjoying your new tunes.

Ewokgirl said...

I received an iTunes gift card to go with my new iPod, so I've been downloading a mix of things.

Thanks for that link to Erin McCarley. I'd never heard of her, but I'm liking what I'm hearing on her site.

Linds said...

I received a Jim Brickman CD for Christmas as well and it was the first I've heard his music. I really enjoy it and find it quite relaxing as well. I thought it would be a perfect CD to listen to during childbirth...if I would need it for that.

Amy A. said...

I need some new music, but it always seems like the last thing I want to spend my money on.

Loved seeing your Colorado Christmas! So beautiful

-Elle- said...

Ha! I joust "found" Erin last week - that was so strange to see you say the same thing.
A few of my *favorite* singer song writers are:

Jon McLaughlin- http://www.myspace.com/jonmclaughlin
Dave Barnes-http://www.myspace.com/davebarnes
Matt Wertz- http://www.myspace.com/mattwertz

I hope y'all enjoy!!