Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Oink, cluck, baa, moo


Farmer Nathan just turned two!

I wish I could take credit for that cute little rhyme, but I found it while searching on-line for farm-themed birthday ideas. I included that little poem in the homemade barn-shaped invitations, along with a cute RSVP idea: "yays or "neighs." =)

I found a cute cupcake design in this magazine, and made them a little healthier using a recipe from this cookbook. They were simple, tasty and festive.
Nathan loved singing "Happy Birthday" to himself, and he's enjoying saying that he is 2.
I thought it would be fun to take him here, because I knew he'd love the ball pit and other climbing equipment. Unfortunately, this location had completely remodeled since I was there(granted, that was YEARS ago), and it was really just an arcade better suited to older kids. We let Nathan go on a couple of the little rides, but he was more content to just pretend he was "driving," etc. That left a lot of extra tokens for us adults to play skeeball and air hockey, which was fun. We even earned enough tickets at the end to purchase two packages of crayons. =) Good times!

15 comments:

stephanie@{Olive Tree} said...

Cute, cute invitation idea! I may have to borrow that if I throw a farm party one day (right now I have all girls so we are all about Tinkerbell and anything pink!) :)

Wendi said...

Cute cupcakes! Perfect for a "lil farmer."

Hayley said...

I had a "farm" themed birthday for O and C last November...I sent out homemade invitations with cow, pig and sheep stickers on them, and since we are trying to save money, I had the kids bring down all their "barnyard" stuffed animals for party decorations and C had a couple barns to add to the festivities! Fun times....and CHEAP. Those cupcakes look yummy!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

What a cute birthday idea, Carrie.

I LOVE the old Fisher price animals you put on the cupcakes...my mom saved all of my old pieces from when we were growing up!

And as for ChuckECheese...my youngest has NEVER been there. I hope to keep it that way. I did that with my older two kids enough to last me forever. Which one did you guys go to? (assuming you were in CO).

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Oh, have you ever read Barnyard Dance by Sandra Boynton? Nathan would love it! It's a fun board book.

Jenny said...

Love the cupcake idea. And It just so happens to be my son's 17th birthday. Hope to post about it after work today. But I am going to use the healthy recipe you shared. Thanks.

Susan said...

Great cup cake idea. Neat idea for the farmer and looks like Nathan had a great time. I love his curls!

kristin said...

So cute! Wish we could have been there too! I kept meaning to mention to you just how cute those invitations were. I kept meaning to send you our "neigh," even though you already knew!

Hope to catch up with you again soon!
Love,
Kristin

autumnesf said...

Happy Birthday to Nathan! Two is such a fun year!

Anonymous said...

Hi Carrie:

Looks like such a fun time. Wish I could have been there too!

Cupcakes are so cute, as is the little poem you used.

Nathan looks adorable showing that he is 2 with his fingers!!

Give him a belated birthday hug from Nana.

Love you,

Grandma

Ewokgirl said...

Awwww... Happy Birthday to your little guy!

Julie Anne said...

love the farm poem, What a cute invite for a two year old!!
You did a great job on his party... he might not remember it, but the pictures will be treasured always!! :)

Melody said...

Happy Birthday to Nathan! Cute cupcakes.

I love coming up with ideas for the kids' birthdays. Sometimes I think I get a little more excited over their birthdays than they do. :)

Mom2fur said...

Happy Birthday little guy! What a cool birthday party theme. I did that for one of my kids when he was little, too. Animals and kids just go together, LOL!

mom said...

What a treat to be able to celebrate Nathan's second birthday together! Great photos! Love, Mom