Friday, February 6, 2009

"New" chairs!

It was almost a year ago that I posted a pic of our falling-apart dining room chairs. Much to my surprise, one of my Christmas presents from Eric was to re-cover them with new fabric. What a wonderful gift! I would not have been ambitious enough to conquer such a task, and Eric did all the work--my only job was to select the fabric, and I am so pleased with the results:
Another fun little furniture makeover involved this bench that used to belong to Eric's grandparents. It came with a rust-orange cushion, and I asked my talented sister if she'd be willing to re-cover it for me. Well, she did, of course, and gave me this darling result for Christmas:
I'd requested denim for the new cushion, and I love that she used blue and white ticking for the edging, and even added cute matching pillows! Thanks to Eric and Monica for these wonderful gifts!

One more new-to-us piece of furniture that I'm really excited about--a glider and ottoman for the baby's room. I was mourning the fact that we were going to move our other rocker out of Nathan's room, because we often sit there to read books. Eric and I agreed that if we could find a good deal on something we liked, that we'd get a second chair so each kid could have one. Well, it's a longer story than this, but the bottom line is we found this one within a week's time at a good price and from someone who really needed to sell it--yet another example to me of God's (creative) providence.

14 comments:

Mom said...

I'm glad to see these photos of all your "new" chairs! Love, Mom

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Very nice! I love the "new" chairs, and I always wished I'd had a glider when I had babies. I bet you're going to love it. I love that it came with an ottoman...so nice, Carrie.

Hadley Coble said...

your chairs and bench look great!

I love gliders! I enjoyed rocking my babies in them. I was lucky to have one given to me for the first, and we bought one with the second one so we could have one in each room too. now we have one in the playroom and one in the living room!

I've got your package almost ready to send out :)!

Hayley said...

Can you believe we don't even have a rocking chair?!? At least not anymore....I miss those...this one looks perfect to make that special bond with baby!! It all looks awesome! Can Monica make me a window seat cover?!?!? LOL.

Carmen said...

That 'new to you' glider rocker is super cute.

Melody said...

How exciting to find the "new" glider.

I love the recovered chairs and bench cover.

thehomespunheart said...

Your chairs turned out so neat! Glad you are enjoying your new bench cushion and I was excited to see the green wall in the background of the rocker! My first glimpse at ?'s room!

Love you -
Monica

Michelle said...

I recently discovered your blog and have been enjoying seeing what's new! Your "new" furniture pieces are great! I love how the bench turned out...wow! SO cute..the ticking is perfect for that!

Thank you for speaking of your faith and God's provision...it's a great reminder to me this morning. I needed to "hear" it...

I'll be watching for Him today, too.

Susan said...

Nice new glider chair. I tried looking for one here, it was so expensive we just nice sitting chair from IKEA. Fun to have new change in the home.

Wendi said...

Love the fabric choice for the chairs. How great the both Monica and Eric gave you gifts of their time and talent. The best kind of gift!

Anonymous said...

Your chairs look great, Carrie...and the bench cushion looks just like something you would like. Even the glider cushion matches the bench cushion!

Great gifts!

Love, Grandma

Christy@MercyEveryMorning said...

Wow...those look great! I love that bench from your dh's grandparents!

Frances said...

I LOVE your new glider and ottoman! I find blue so calming...

gail said...

just catching up on my fav blogs! love the new chairs. what a sweet gift from eric to recover the chairs for you. i actually did that to our chairs years ago and it wasn't as difficult as i thot it'd be.

love the glider and the bench. i agree the ticking just makes the cushion.