Monday, February 9, 2009

Photo shoot

After we received the troubling news of my dad's diagnosis, my mom had a great idea to do a family photo shoot while we'd all be together at Christmas. She asked Monica and I if we knew any local photographers, and we both wrote back with the same suggestion: Heather, a mutual pal of our long-time friend, Rebecca.

Heather was awesome to work with, we had decent weather, and you can't beat the scenery of a Colorado castle, which happens to be where Monica and David were married 5 years ago this month.

I wanted to share my favorite shots from the morning:

a rare view of the whole crew
capturing my pregnancy (Heather saw my belly, and got really excited because she loves taking maternity photos!)
all smiles
the golden shot--one I'll always treasure

Thank you so much, Heather, for all you did for us. If you'd like to see more pictures, Monica posted her favorites here. I'll share a few more tomorrow, accompanied by captions "written" by Nathan.

16 comments:

thehomespunheart said...

Very cute! Have a great day!

Mom said...

Dear Carrie, what treasures these photos are! I will always be thankful that we did this and appreciate the great shots that Heather captured! :) Thanks for sharing ~ love, Mom

Mom said...

PS: Your favorites are some of mine as well! :)

Wendi said...

Wonderful pictures! What a great way to remember a great family vacation.

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Carrie! Those are beautiful. I love the one of N up close and you guys' smiles. The family one is great too.

I'm a little partial to Glen Eyrie. It's one of my favorite places in Co Springs.

So...will you email me with the photographer's website or contact info? She's great!

Mom2Drew said...

The ones of your mom and dad were some of my favorites and that one with you/DH and N is probably THE favorite of mine.

Carrie said...

Love the one of you three smiling! That's a winner of a shot!

Carmen said...

Carrie...the pictures are so lovely. Love the one of you, Eric and Nathan. The one of your parents is precious as well.

gail said...

i love that one of your mom and dad looking at each other. i have one like that of my mom and dad and it is so precious.

never would have thot to crop just the smiles--that's brilliant! love it!!! and your belly--so fun!

ScrappinAway said...

Hi! I have been following your sister's blog for a while and decided to pop over! I love the pic of you peeking out the door.

Anonymous said...

Dear Carrie:

Thanks for sharing your favorite photos. They are PRECIOUS. I dearly love the one of your mom & dad, but the ones of you & your family are special too.

Love you, Grandma

Jenny said...

They look wonderful! What wonderful treasures for you family to have.

Anonymous said...

I love them! The one of your parents is priceless. I checked out Monica's blog too - I'm so glad you guys did this! Talk to you soon, honey!

Love,
Mandi

Anonymous said...

Oh and the one of your pregnant - You're HOT!! :)

Hadley Coble said...

what great pictures! I love your maternity picture...very tasteful!

Katie said...

How precious!! You have a lovely family, and this photographer captured you all so well!