Monday, February 16, 2009

Updates

*Thank you for your thoughts and prayers for my dad. His pain is still being managed pretty well, though he has experienced a decrease in energy. The biggest news is that he and my mom just decided he will retire at the end of March, enabling him to rest, volunteer and travel as he feels led. I rejoice that they are in a position that this is possible. I hear in his voice an excitement for what he will do with this new freedom and time, and I'm sure this move will have a positive effect on how he's feeling!


*We're just 4 weeks away from meeting our daughter--it's gone so fast up until this point, but I have to admit it's hard to maintain a consistently cheerful attitude in the midst of the discomforts that come with (late) pregnancy!


*I finished my work at the college a couple of weeks ago. I'm so thankful God provided those opportunities, but am also glad that I will have more flexibility in my schedule these final weeks before we go through a major transition!


*As for blogging, it was totally the right decision to cut back a few weeks ago. I continue to take Thursdays off from blog stuff altogether, and that just makes me look more forward to checking in on Fridays! Makes me think of the adage "less is more"--it's certainly been true for me.

10 comments:

Wendi said...

Wonderful news that your dad is going to retire. I am sure the rest will help improve his energy level.

I can't believe you only have four weeks left! It seems like yesterday you were announcing your good news!

Kendra said...

Lots of exciting stuff coming up!! I'm thinking of you lots in this final stretch (literally)! I'm certainly struggling with staying positive as well...not too much longer!! We can do it!

Mom2Drew said...

These last 4 weeks will either fly or drag as you already know. I pray they fly by so we can meet her too:)

Angela - Life w/ Two Busy Boys said...

Can't believe it's only 4 weeks till your new little one arrives. Going to 2 is quite a transition but it is so wonderful to see the love between siblings. Wonderful that your dad gets to retire - God is good even in the midst of fighting a horrible disease.

ScrappinAway said...

Good Luck with the last 4! I know what you mean about cutting back. My problem is I spend so much time reading everyone else's blogs that I neglect my own.

Liz said...

We are only 5 weeks away from meeting our son! And we have a 2 year old daughter. I can relate to what you are going through these days. Hang in there!

Kimmers said...

I am so happy for your dad and your whole family!

I am praying that these next 4 weeks will go smoothly.

Blessings,
Kim

Susan said...

I cannot wait to see your little girl! I am also glad your dad can retire and take time to do what he wants and needs to do.

Amy said...

Wow! Your pregnancy flew by for me :) I am so glad that your dad is able to retire- how wonderful. I continue to think of your family often and am praying for you.

Anonymous said...

I LOOK FORWARD TO MEETING MY NEW GRANDBABY. THE TIME HAS FLOWN BY FOR ME, TOO. KIND OF LIKE HOW A MARATHON GOES BY QUICKLY IF YOU'RE NOT THE ONE RUNNING IT...

WE CHOOSE TO CELEBRATE LIFE INSTEAD OF ILLNESS. I AM CELEBRATING BY RETIRING IN MARCH AND RUNNING MY 10TH MARATHON IN JUNE. AND ALL GOD'S PEOPLE SAID
"AMEN".

LOVE, DAD