Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Four weeks old today!

How quickly these four weeks have gone. I feel like my recovery has gone smoothly, and now I'm "just" dealing with the normal tiredness that comes with having a newborn--as well as an active toddler!
Natalie spends much of her day sleeping, and unlike her brother at this age, she seems quite comfortable in the swing. The cupcake shirt she's wearing in the above photo is one of my favorites, and it's one of the few new things I purchased before she was born. I love the sweet pic below, taken after one of Natalie's first baths.
Remember this dress? It was so fun to put it on Natalie for her church "debut." (Speaking of church, hearing this song for the first time was the highlight of the Easter service for me. Wow, is it powerful--I've had it on repeat ever since!)
Many thanks to Eric's parents who spent a week with us, and also to his brother, Ryan, who flew out for Easter weekend. We are blessed to have such wonderful family, and are grateful for time together especially since we live so far apart!

16 comments:

Mom said...

I was just thinking that Natalie is four weeks old today and then checked out your blog -- great photos! Glad to see this update -- love and prayers, Mom

Ginger Garner said...

Beautiful pictures~~and aren't parents wonderful?!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

She's so sweet, Carrie!

How fun to have some family for Easter! I bet they loved seeing N and N!

Is Natalie an easy baby? I remember you telling me Nathan wasn't. My son was fussy and colicy for the first 9 months of his life, but my second and third babies were much more laid back (as was I!).

I'm off to listen to the CT song that you mentioned, but first I just wanted to say that Nathan's toes peeking out from that book in the last picture is adorable. Made my heart smile.

Wendi said...

I was glad to see an update from you. I had been thinking about you. I almost sent Monica an email yesterday to see how you were.

Love seeing all of the pictures!

debra said...

She's a cutie! Glad you are recovering nicely.

thehomespunheart said...

Great pix! N2 looks so much like Eric!

Love the cutie Easter dress!

I'm listening to the song right now...

Love you,
Monica

Carmen said...

She's so sweet. I'm glad things are going well! She's just beautiful!

gail said...

wow--that time went by fast! great pics, thanks for sharing. glad to hear you're feeling better and just normal tired.

Jamie said...

Doesn't it go fast?! I LOVE the picture in her cute little dress for church! :-)

Leah in Iowa said...

So fun to see these photos, Carrie! What a sweetie she is! Love that dress, too, BTW. Glad to hear you're feeling better and getting stronger. =)

Jan said...

Awww....the bath picture really got to me. There's something special about after-bath time, she's so wondering and alert. Takes me back.

I know your son is the big brother now but he still looks like a baby to me! You have your hands full - but in a wonderful way!

Jenny said...

Natalie is sweet! How wonderful to have such wonderful support from your family.

Glad to see your doing well.

Michal said...

Very Cute! Congratulations! You have an adorable little family. Take care!

Anne Marie@Married to the Empire said...

Oh, that song is just fabulous! Thanks for that!

Your family looks lovely! Beautiful kids. I'm so glad your inlaws were able to help out. Grandparents are so great like that!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the adorable pics, Carrie. She is getting big rapidly. Yes, how time flies.

Love the pic of her after her bath!

Great that Eric's family could come to be with you for a while.

Love you, Grandma

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Carrie...I finally downloaded that Chris Tomlin song yesterday. It is AWESOME. I have it on repeat and just want to throw my hands up in worship. Don't know how I can tire of it.