Monday, April 27, 2009

Rambles

*I love this picture from last week. Nathan wanted to snuggle with Natalie--how cute is that? And he even shared his prized possession--his bear--with her! I pray that sibling camaraderie will continue . . . Nathan's been so gentle with his baby sister, which is sweet to see. He is acting up more with Eric and me, but that could be a post of its own!

*Several of you have written to ask about my dad (thank you!) so I wanted to give an update. He's feeling pretty good, and really enjoying his first month of retirement. He's continuing to train for the June marathon, and is already up to 15 miles. Praise the Lord!

*Nathan has a strange and funny new habit of taking off his socks to check for "fuzz"--it's so funny to Eric and me, but Nathan takes it quite seriously. I'm glad it's almost sandal season! =)

*The list of things I want to write about here on my blog is growing, but so is the list of other things I need and want to get done. Hopefully, I'll find a new rhythm soon.

*One of the things I'd hoped to post about, on Earth Day specifically, is the fact that I recently got to hear this author speak (again!) about environmental stewardship. Plus, I finished his wife's book right before Natalie was born. It was very inspirational, and I'm excited to share some of what I learned with you--whenever I can get to it!

8 comments:

Mom said...

Darling photo of N1 and N2! :) I meant to ask you if N1 was still doing the "sock fuzz" thing. :) Have a great day -- love you, Mom

Jenny said...

How sweet of him to share. Don't worry you'll find your rythm soon.

Have a great day enjoying your 2 sweet children.

Wendi said...

Sweet picture!

Meredith@MerchantShips said...

The best part of having kids is watching them love on each other. Yours are just adorable!

debra said...

What a cute picture!

Angela - Life w/ Two Busy Boys said...

Love the picture and sibling love is just such a special thing to watch as it grows and forms. Glad you are doing well!

Almost empty nester said...

My youngest who is 17 today had the same habit. She would remove her shoes and socks to check between her toes. When asked she would say she is "picking the fuzzies out". Enjoy them they are beautiful

Stacy said...

I laughed when I read about the sock fuzz. My oldest does it every evening when we're getting ready for baths. She checks in between each toe. I love it!