Monday, April 20, 2009

Restoring order to the freezer

I am so grateful for the many friends and family who have helped us by providing meals in the last month, but now that we're "on our own," I knew I needed to give some major attention to the freezer. Stuff had been crammed in every which way, and since there've been a lot of extra people working in the kitchen lately, I had no idea what the contents were.

I hoped to post this last week as part of this challenge (hosted by two of my favorite people!), but am running a little behind. Better late than never, right?!

Anyway, here's the before pic:
And here's what it looked like after:
It may not seem like a big difference to you, but trust me, it's much improved. I took everything out, re-organized, and made an inventory of all the contents to use as I resume menu planning. It felt so good to get this project done--thanks to Monica and Rebecca for the inspiration, and to Baby Bjorn for making it possible for me to complete the task! =)

10 comments:

Mom said...

Good job! Doesn't it feel great to have order restored?? Love, Mom

angie said...

I hope you were able to come up with many quick to prepare meals from the content of your freezer. I too have a side-by-side frig. Many say they don't like that syle, but I do. I think many small shelves help to categorize the contents, rather than 2-3 shelves of many different categories.
Yes, I vividly remember the days that were possible only because of the Bjorn.

thehomespunheart said...

Great job, Carrie!

Wendi said...

Looks great!

Mom2fur said...

Great job!
You might want to try "supercook.com" for recipes using what you have on hand.

Mary Ann said...

Looks great!

Rebecca said...

Nice! I love it when I know what I have on hand. Good job. :)

Angela - Life w/ Two Busy Boys said...

Great job!

Jenny said...

It does look better. I feel inspired to clean out mine.

Jamie said...

I like your thanks to baby bjorn. :-)
I am inspired..I need to do the exact same project!!