Monday, April 6, 2009

What's in a name?

Natalie “born at Christmas”
Though Natalie was obviously not born in December like her brother, Nathan, the traits we’ve chosen to pray for her correspond closely with Christmas. Specifically, we hope Natalie will be both peaceful and a peacemaker, someone who is compassionate, and someone who blesses others by giving meaningful gifts.

Dell “kind and noble”
This name honors Carrie’s family, which is especially meaningful since she is the last in her line. We also like the literary reference to Della from “The Gift of the Magi,” a favorite Christmas story in which both main characters are sacrificial givers.

13 comments:

Hayley said...

I just love BOTH names!!! Hope all is going well!!!

Wendi said...

I like the name you picked out and the meaning makes it so special!

Ginger said...

Wonderful!

Jenny said...

Beautiful names for a beautiful baby. Hope your doing well?

Mary Ann said...

I love it when names are chosen with a special meaning or reason in mind. Natalie is such a sweet little name!

Mary said...

It makes me smile every time I see your daughter's name. I have some friends who are twins named Nathan and Natalie. And they both truly do embody those traits you are praying for in your children.

Frances said...

Rich meaning - may God answer your prayers and bestow upon Natalie all the graces she needs to honor Him in the way you hope she will! "Gift of the Magi" is a great story. :)

Jan said...

My Natalie was not a Christmas baby either. She was born in August. Over 15 years later, I'm still happy with the name choice.

Oh, and one of my nephews is Nathan. Never noticed the similarity between our families before!

Christy@MercyEveryMorning said...

What a beautiful name!

Anne Marie@Married to the Empire said...

Wonderful! I'm a big fan of names with meaning.

Mom said...

Love both names and the traits they represent! Natalie herself is a meaningful gift to our families. :)
Love you, Mom

Anne Rose said...

Congratulations. I loved seeing your pictures, reading the comments, and witnessing all the love and joy in your lives. Truly you are blessed. May the good Lord continue to shower His blessings upon you! Thank you for sharing...warmly, Anne

ScrappinAway said...

I love that the names you pick have meaning. Your family is beautiful!