Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Another weekend re-cap

Last week was unusually busy for us. Here's some of what we've been up to:

Nathan is totally into tractors right now. My father-in-law gave him a 400 page (!) encyclopedia of tractors and Nathan loves looking at it. He can differentiate between half a dozen tractor brands, and points them out enthusiastically whenever he has the chance! We recently went to a local tractor show, which was quite a hit with him.
My college roommate Hayley came to town with her family. We hadn't seen each other in years and had a great time visiting. The best part was walking around the campus of our alma mater, and stopping by our old room. It was fun to reminisce about our freshman year, Hayley--thanks for coming! (As a sidenote, I'd be curious to hear how many of you keep in touch with your college roommate(s)!)
Then we headed to Lincoln, Nebraska, for the weekend to attend the wedding of Eric's cousin. It was so great to see family, and especially to meet our niece, Addison (who is a month older than Natalie). I didn't get any shots of the two of them on my own camera, but will share some soon. Even though this next picture is dark, you can see that Grandma and Grandpa had their hands full!

8 comments:

Mom said...

Great photos! :) Love, Mom

Jenny said...

I did not do a very good job of keeping touch with college friends. I lived at home so I did not have room mates. Wish I had kept in touch better with a few people.

Cute photos of your family.

Hayley said...

Oh Carrie.....I'm still thinking about the glow in the dark star we found with our initials on it that has been there for 12 years!!!! I had so much fun, and I'm glad we had a chance to catch up......you have a beautiful family!! I might have to make it an annual trip.

Anne Marie@Married to the Empire said...

Great pics!

My college roommate and I live mere blocks from each other, but we're so busy that we rarely see each other. I ran into her at Hobby Lobby a few weeks ago, and we chatted for a long while. I just sent her a list of potential babysitters, for which she was grateful! It's helpful to mamas to know someone who knows lots of teenagers! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Carrie:

So glad you & Hayley had a chance to "catch up". Sounds like great fun . Also your weekend in Lincoln sounds awesome too...getting to see Eric's family again and meeting little Addison.
Thanks for sharing the pics. They are great.

Love you, Grandma

Kali said...

My college roommate (and best friend) talk at least once a week, and usually more. We rarely get to see one another, but we always pick up right where we left off whenever we do.

Also, I love the family pic!

Kendra said...

That is such a great family photo! I didn't see that one before. We had so much fun seeing you all! Can't wait for a couple more months to pass so we can do it all again!

Jamie - Family Focused Fun said...

Fun! My college roommates have all moved far away, while I'm still here in the same state only 1 hr. from the college! And yes I still talk to them, but not as often as I should since they are some of my best friends! That is too cute about the love of tractors. Luke is into construction stuff. He enjoyed sitting on his grandpa's tractor and other farm equipment last time we went to visit!!