Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Weekend re-cap

We had a nice weekend--here are some highlights:

Eric brought me these beautiful flowers--a pink one for Natalie and orange for Nathan (the florist didn't have blue ones)
Nathan got to go fishing for the first time--he loved it, even though they didn't catch anything! He came running in to tell me all about the worms, etc. I now have a container of nightcrawlers in my fridge--ewwww!
Sunday after church we had a pizza picnic at a nearby park. (Gotta love Iowa--grain elevators in the background!) It was nice to not cook and Nathan loved eating outside, especially since there were several geese on the pond.
We actually watched a movie in its entirety in one sitting (it's been awhile since we've been able to do that--anyone else relate?!)--Marley & Me. I'd heard it was sad, and resolved to not cry. I may or may not have succeeded with that. =) There was a portion of the movie that was uncanny in its relevancy to our current life situation: Working dad, toddler, newborn, dog who sometimes has the gall to bark loudly while aforementioned kids are sleeping, and a stay-at-home mom who sometimes gets overwhelmed by it all. Eric and I were cracking up when we saw those scenes!

7 comments:

Wendi said...

Glad you had a great Mother's Day!

Mom said...

Love these photos! Glad you had a nice weekend and Mother's Day :)
Love you, Mom

Our Lives said...

Carrie,
You look great and I am glad you had a great Mother's Day! Seems like we got the same type of flowers for that special day, didn't we? :) Does Natalie like the outdoor?

gail said...

love the flowers! and the pic of you and the kids. we need more of those, you know! glad you had a great day and enjoyed the movie. i've been avoiding that movie cuz of the sadness factor.

Hayley said...

Kevin and I saw that movie a couple weeks ago. It was like watching a movie that we were starring in!! I was crying for an hour after the movie ended.....such a good real life, family story! Sounds like you had a fun Mothers Day.....I'll let you know about Thursday ASAP! Love you!

Mary Ann said...

I love the picture of you and your little ones.

We saw Marley & Me in the theater and had previously read the book so thought we were prepared for the ending. We still cried. :-)But we love the movie and the book! One of our favorites.

Anne Marie@Married to the Empire said...

I couldn't get my husband to take me to see Marley & Me while it was in the theaters. It came out on my birthday, and I wanted to go see it for that. He refused because he said it's no fun for HIM if I'm bawling through it. So I had to rent it, and yes, I bawled.

Interestingly, I too could relate to that scene where the wife wants to get rid of the dog because of all the trouble he's causing. We went through a period a few years ago when Calvin was spraying in the house. A lot. At one point I threatened to send him back to the shelter. :-( I've always felt guilty over that, so I felt better seeing that I wasn't the only pet owner to go through a moment like that!

Your flowers and family are beautiful. Sorry about the worms in the fridge. Ick!