Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Marathon man

My dad's marathon was this past weekend, and he did great! Not only did he finish, but he also beat his goal time by a few minutes. Way to go, Dad! My mom surprised him by ordering matching t-shirts that announced we were the support crew for Dan _____. We definitely got noticed since there were a dozen of us wearing the same shirts, and it was neat to be able to share a little of our story. Here's the group photo, which includes my dad's mom and two sisters:
We celebrated Father's Day a week early since we were all together, and I made one of my dad's favorites, apple pie, embellished with the distance he'd run the day before (26.2 miles).
The cousins had a great time together--playing, going to the park and pool, etc. Here's Grammie with her five "grands":
Monica got a lot more pictures on her camera, and this is actually the only one I got of my dad. Here he is with my nephew Samuel.
Thanks to all who "cheered" my dad on from afar--we are so proud of him!

11 comments:

kelseylynae said...

Wow! That is so impressive. And how wonderful that you were all able to be there cheering him on.

I made another batch of our favorite "Nathan Muffins" yesterday and I will never make them without thinking of all of you. Hope you're enjoying your summer!! Say hello to all for me (even though Reggie will have NO idea who I am ;)

Anonymous said...

What a rockstar!! Can't wait to hear more about your adventures this past weekend!

Love,
Mandi

Mom said...

Dear Carrie, what a great report of our wonderful time together! Thank you for your hospitality and all you did to make it a special time. I'm thankful for these new treasured memories! :) Love you, Mom

Ginger said...

Wonderful story and pictures!~

Leah in Iowa said...

I so wish I could have been there to see you all, and to help cheer your dad on. I had several friends both walking and running in the race - so fun! We were in northern MN for a Friday night wedding, so it just didn't work out. But next year! =)

Angela - Life w/ Two Busy Boys said...

Awesome! Congrats to your dad!

thehomespunheart said...

Great post, Carrie! I hadn't seen those pictures!! I am so very proud of Dad and it was such a blessing to be all together!

Miss you,
Monica

gail said...

i am so happy for you carrie! what a treat to be there for his race and to be able to celebrate Father's day early with your family. great pics!

Katie said...

Yea for your dad!! :-) What an accomplishment!

I am happy for all of you, and the love and support you all share really shines through in those photos!

Great update ~ thanks!

Kristin said...

I've been anxious to hear an update on the race and your time with your family! Thanks for the preview...and the bigger update since you just called me!! I've missed you and can't wait for our time together soon!

Love,
Kristin

Rally said...

That is awesome! Congratulations Dan and to beat your own PR, that's pretty amazing! What a testimony.