Friday, August 14, 2009

Farm fun

Earlier this week, my friend Kim hosted us and another family for a morning on her farm. Despite having lived in rural Iowa all these years, this was one of my first visits to an actual working farm. I was excited to show Nathan and also to see the farm up close myself! Here's some pix from our day, though I'm bummed they're so dark.

We were treated to a hayride, and Nathan even got to help drive the tractor (above).
The kids also got to pet some baby pigs.
Then we had a yummy picnic lunch, complete with fresh sweet corn. (Nathan's first time to try it--he liked it, but it may have just been all the butter and salt!)
We had a wonderful time, and appreciate our gracious hosts!

10 comments:

Mom said...

Great photos! I'm so glad to see a glimpse of this special day. :) Thanks for sharing -- love, Mom
PS: I like N's haircut!

Anonymous said...

His haircut makes him look like such a big boy! Glad you had fun on the farm! We took O to my aunt and uncle's lawn equipment store a little while ago. He had a blast on the tractors!

Love,
Sara

Hestermania! said...

i love that picture of the two of you eating the corn cob together ;)

angie said...

What fun! My kids' favorite place to visit is a farm, even over an amusement park. I bet Nathan will be talking about that tractor ride for a long time.

thehomespunheart said...

I love this! I'm so glad he got to ride/drive a real tractor!!! And, I love the corn photo. I remember being with you when you got that shirt for him and I said it looked familiar - when we got home, I looked in Samuel's drawer and found the same one! Not sure if it came from you or elsewhere - but we like it too!

Love you,
Monica

Wendi said...

Looks like N's experience with pigs was better then Megan's! She still talks about the smelly pigs we saw while in Iowa. Love the picture of the two of you eating corn. Precious!

debra said...

What a fun day!

Marie said...

I am sure that was a fun day for you kids and everyone. Our son-in-law came from Iowa.

Jamie - Family Focused Fun said...

I like the pictures! So much fun. :-) Makes me miss my parents farm!

Susan said...

I know he loved that tractor! Yummy corn!