Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Thank You, Jesus

It's been awhile since I've written about my dad, so I wanted to give a little update. (If you have no idea what I'm talking about, you can click here.)

The wonderful thing is that my dad's doing pretty well right now. When he saw the oncologist a few weeks ago, he was told to keep doing what he's been doing. That's encouraging news, and we are grateful. He's enjoying retirement, which allows him to get more rest and also work on various projects around the house.
In addition, he's had a great attitude through this whole ordeal, and he's been even more passionate about running than usual. He ran a big race in Colorado last Saturday, and since we weren't able to be there, we wore our crew shirts in his honor. We love you, Dad!
As for the title of my post, my dad likes to have a mantra for each race, and this time he chose, "Thank You, Jesus" as the words he wanted to focus on. I agree--thank You, Jesus!

12 comments:

Mom said...

Thank You, Jesus - Amen! It was a beautiful Colorado day for Dad's race. :) He is still feeling the "runner's high!" :) Thank you for your love and support -- love, Mom

Mary Ann said...

I'm so glad that he's doing so well! When I read Monica's post about his race, I mentioned to Andy that he was running up Pike's Peak. His response was, "Isn't he the one that is really sick?" It's amazing... Thank You, Jesus!

gail said...

so glad to hear that your dad is doing well. my mom has survived colon cancer and breast cancer and also gives thanks to God!

Carrie said...

WONDERFUL news! =) So glad to hear it!

Wendi said...

I am so happy that he is doing so well!

Anonymous said...

Dear Carrie:

Yes, Thank you, Jesus! We praise God from whom all blessings flow!

How sweet of you and Monica to dress your family in the blue support shirts.

Love you, Grandma

Katie said...

Thanks for the update, Carrie. We're continually praying! Your picture is adorable of the three of you!!

Leanne said...

Awesome... I see where you and your sister get such an awesome legacy of faith!

kelseylynae said...

Incredible that he's running races! Our God is SO good! (And I must admit, those two kids of yours are growing and are still so adorable :)

Ginger said...

Fantastic, Carrie! I asked David about it at work Monday morning since I had seen Monica's post over the weekend. Praise be to God!

Kara K said...

Thanks for the update Carrie - I'm glad for the positive news

Kara K

Jeremy and Christa Nichols said...

I love your t-shirts! And I'm so glad for the update on your dad. I love his mantra. I started running about 6 months ago, and when I do races, I pick a phrase too (I hadn't really thought about it, but it seems I do!) Mine is something along the lines of, "Please push me up the hill, Jesus!" or "Please don't let me die right before the finish line, Lord!" So far, so good!