Monday, September 14, 2009

Fall fashion reveal!

I am glad so many of you were willing to window shop for me, and really enjoyed checking out all your suggestions.


Here is the winning ensemble, which was recommended by Brie:

I chose this shirt in a lovely plum color--it's a little dressier than my usual crewneck style, and the color will go with every pair of pants in my closet! The jacket is a fun departure from my usual style. I wouldn't have picked it out on my own, which was part of the point of extending the challenge in the first place. Thanks for the inspiration, Brie! (Due to sales, I got both pieces for $30 total!)


I must also make an honorable mention. Though this shirt was suggested after the contest deadline, I ordered it as well, especially since the commenter shared a free shipping code.* Thanks, MH in OH!


Thank you again for a fun time. I bookmarked a few of the other pieces for future reference and appreciate all the recommendations!


*Before placing my orders, I remembered this advice about searching for free shipping codes. Though I was unsuccessful in finding one for Sears when I needed it, I still think it's a great tip! I also used Ebates so I could earn a little cash back on my purchases.

11 comments:

Wendi said...

Looks great! I love the jacket.

Mom said...

Very cute! Love, Mom

Kendra said...

I'm sorry I never sent a suggestion, but so glad you found a couple things you like. I love it...super cute. :) You look great, Carrie!

thehomespunheart said...

That is so cute! Great choice - and I like the extra one you ordered as well, is that the MH I think it is?

Have a great day!
Monica

Brie said...

Looks great, Carrie! Glad you like them and they'll be pieces you can mix and match for years to come.

MH in OH said...

Love it! I've been thinking about a short sleeved jacket for me this fall too - seems we are on the same fashion wavelength. :)
Glad Lands End worked out for you! They seem to email free shipping codes frequently. (I also like that you can do returns to Sears stores without having to pay return shipping charges if something doesn't work out.)
~Anonymous stranger friend

gail said...

oooo--- i love plum shirts! good for you on branching out of your style comfort zone.

Kara K said...

Cute cute Carrie - lookin very stylish!

Hestermania! said...

love that land's end shirt your ordered!

Amy said...

You look absolutely adorable, Carrie!! Love the color you chose too!

Anonymous said...

This is a cute shirt, honey! LOVED spending time with you this weekend - hope you're having fun fun with the fam and friends. Love you so much!