Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Heavy-hearted

It has been a strange week for me.

My mom called Monday with the tragic news that my grandpa--her dad--was hit by a car while crossing the street. He suffered critical injuries and died shortly after being brought to the hospital. It is so sad, especially for him to have died in such a way. The truth is that my family did not have a close relationship with him (due to divorce and other complications), and that is part of the loss I now feel.

On top of that, a friend of mine passed away this weekend. He was the leader of the team I worked for when I spent a summer in Paris. He'd been diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor just a few months ago, and things happened really fast. He and his wife recently adopted two young kids, so this will especially fall hard on them.

Please pray for these families as you feel led. Thanks.

Ironically, I had started writing a post with some thoughts on grief a few days ago. That post will be coming in a few weeks . . .

24 comments:

Tracy said...

Oh Carrie, praying for you and your family.

Grace said...

I am so sorry for your loss Carrie. I understand your feelings.

Wendi said...

Sorry for your losses.

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

So sorry for your heavy heart, Carrie. And for your loss.

Praying...

Debbie J @ Homemaking Dreams said...

You have my heartfelt condolences on both counts! Even when you aren't close to a family member, its sad to lose them. I think that's because of what could or should have been. Also my thoughts go to your Mama.

Carrie said...

I'm so sorry to hear the news. Death is not a pretty thing, EVER!

Peace be with you and with your family.

Jenn @ Beautiful Calling said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my grandfather this spring and it doesn't matter how old you get, it still is a painful thing to lose a loved one. I will pray for you this week!

Anne Marie@Married to the Empire said...

I'm so sorry...

A Frugal Friend said...

Hugs and prayers sent to all! It'll be a difficult time....I look forward to your post on grief. Having lost my 2 biggest supporters within 3 months of each other, grief is too familiar a face.

debra said...

I'm so sorry Carrie.

Sharon said...

I will add these prayer requests to my prayer journal. Any loss is very sad no matter what the circumstances.

Bevy said...

You'll certainly be in my thoughts and prayers. I can really relate...

Christy said...

I'm so sorry, Carrie.

Katie said...

Carrie,

I am so sorry. May the Lord be your strength and comfort during this time. I will be praying for you and all the families involved.

Kara K said...

Carrie - thank you for sharing. We will pray.

On a praise note - Stacy had her baby - Willa Raye!

Nen said...

my prayers are with you and your family... and the family of your friend as well!

Jamie - Family Focused Fun said...

So sorry to hear that Carrie. I'll pray!

Jan said...

I'm sorry Carrie. I hope your Mom is doing okay.

Katy~The Country Blossom said...

I am so sorry for your losses. Sometimes I feel like saying "sorry" is so generic...but sometimes it is hard to have the right words. I will keep you and Monica and your family and your friends family in my thoughts and prayers!

Hattie said...

Carrie,
I have just come over from Monica's blog. You two must have such a heavy heart at this time. I am so sorry for you whole family.
You will be lifted up in prayer.
Sincerely,
Hattie

Jeremy and Christa Nichols said...

Carrie, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I'll be praying for you and your family.

Amy said...

I am so sorry that you are going through all of this, Carrie. You are all on my prayer list right now. ((Hugs))

Rambling Girl said...

Sorry for your loss and your friends. Will keep you in my prayers.

Tina said...

I just happened to see your blog while searching for homemade fajita mix. I am so glad i found your page! I am so sorry for your loss! I will pray!