Monday, September 28, 2009

Homecoming

Here are a few of the things I came home to tonight:

*A hundred balloons, which a friend recycled from a local event. I couldn't believe my eyes when I opened the door and saw them filling the room; Nathan was thrilled and Natalie was scared!*Fall. It was hot when we left, and we came home to a frost advisory. Brrr! Eric had to run out to rescue the final peppers and tomatoes.

*Since Eric had been home alone for a week and didn't join us in CO until the second weekend, he had plenty of "free" time to do as he wished. He not only did a good job on the landscaping in our yard (which was planned), he also really surprised me by cleaning the fridge (a job I do not enjoy) and extending the shelves of my overflowing basement pantry. To top it all off, he left dozens of sticky notes around the house saying things he appreciates about me. WOW! I can't say I'll be leaving again anytime soon, but these gestures made coming home even more enjoyable. Thanks, Eric!
I'll post soon about our trip . . .

17 comments:

angie said...

How wonderful. Sometimes it is when we are without our loved ones that we can fully appreciate all that they mean to us and do for us.

Kristin said...

Glad to hear you made it home safe and sound. I was praying for you all today on your very long journey. I look forward to hearing about it! Welcome home!!

Love,
Kristin

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Glad you made it home safely.

I haven't mailed your book! Was hoping it would arrive before you did, but I got VERY busy before I left last weekend AND now my girls are sick. I'll get it in the mail this week and I'll email that pic to you as well!

Anonymous said...

Yay for the trip being a success and coming back to a welcoming home! We need to talk soon - I got to see Michelle in Wheaton last week! Miss you guys lots!

-Sara

Christy said...

Sounds great!

Mom said...

We're thankful you are safely home -- what fun surprises at your house to come home to! :) We miss you already and treasure the new memories we made together -- thanks for coming! Love you, Mom

Wendi said...

What a great welcome home! I can just imagine how excited one little boy was to see all of those balloons. It is a wonderful feeling to feel appreciated.

Kelly VM said...

Way to go Eric! Isn't it great to be home? :)

Leah in Iowa said...

What a nice welcome you received! That Eric is quite the guy. Waiting to hear about your trip...

Bevy said...

Been thinking about you all and your family.

Can relate to the balloon scare thing with my little ones. And Awwh, how sweet with all the sticky notes left around. Good going!!

Anonymous said...

So thankful to know you are home safely, Carrie. I was praying for your safety yesterday.
Anxious to hear all about your visit.

How fun that you came home to balloons & notes etc!

Love you, Grandma

Carmen said...

That is so fun. I hope the drive itself went well and I'm so thanful I got to see you.

Anonymous said...

What a nice and thoughtful husband you have...he did good. :) Can't wait to talk!

Love you,
Mandi

Jamie - Family Focused Fun said...

Wow! That is a lot of balloons! Glad you made it back safely!

Kara K said...

Eric's a keeper! :)

Jeremy and Christa Nichols said...

Eric sounds like Jeremy - I always feel VERY appreciated when I come back from somewhere. Reminds me that it's not necessarily a bad thing to be missed! :)

Jeremy and Christa Nichols said...

Eric sounds like Jeremy - I always feel VERY appreciated when I come back from somewhere. Reminds me that it's not necessarily a bad thing to be missed! :)