Monday, October 5, 2009

Colorado, part 1: friends

My priority in going to Colorado a couple weeks ago was definitely to spend time with family, but I was also blessed to see some friends while I was there:

I hadn't been out to breakfast in a looong time, and it was a special treat to do so with dear friends Mandi and Carmen. (Sorry the pic is so tiny!)
It was great to see my blog friend Mer again. She was very flexible with our "plans" that morning--the weather was terrible (freezing rain!) and Nathan wasn't always cooperative, but we still had a nice visit.
My friend Patricia joined us for dinner and was a great sport to play with Nathan, even though he kept calling her Melissa.
Two of my friends also had babies this spring/summer, so it was fun to get together. Here's Allison with Jackson and Jessica with James. Then our friend Olivia wanted to pose with all the kiddos--she sure had her hands full!
It was so good to see all of you--thanks for your friendship! (Maggie and Ruby, too!)

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

How fun! I love the picture of Olivia with all the kiddos!! :)

gail said...

that's so great you got to see some friends. going home is always good =) fun pics too, esp of you moms and kiddos.

Amy said...

How lovely, Carrie! I am so glad you got to see some of your friends.

PS- CUTE gray sweater :)

Anonymous said...

Yay! It was so much fun!! Thanks for posting about this.

Until that wonderful time when we will talk,

Mandi

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I enjoyed our visit very much, Carrie! Thanks for giving me a great excuse to eat Chipotle!