Monday, October 26, 2009

Soundtrack

Since pheasant hunting season is just around the corner, Eric gave me his blessing to get away for awhile by myself this past Saturday. He didn't have to ask me twice! =) I ventured to the "big city" to run some errands and do some early Christmas shopping. I had a wonderful time out and about, but one of the highlights of the morning was listening to music on the 90-minute drive (round-trip).

For my Saturday drive, I brought along the CDs we put together for our wedding reception. (Thanks, Ryan!) I had so much fun listening to this fabulous and eclectic collection of old and new favorites. I love singing along especially when I'm by myself!

Here are some of the songs and their "categories" from the compilation, which we titled "After the Chapel"--just click to listen. (Note: these may not be accurate "categories" to music experts, but this is how I would classify them.)

Classic
Country (#3)
Alternative
Contemporary Christian
Oldies
High School (#7)
The winner of the day for the song most put on repeat (#12--love it!)

I think you can learn a lot about a person by the music they listen to. If you listen to and like any of the songs above, please leave me a comment--it would be fun to hear from you!

This post is dedicated to the two men I love most: my dad, for instilling in me an appreciation for a wide variety of music; and Eric, for inspiring this collection of songs in the first place.

7 comments:

Hayley said...

Wait. What? No Shania Twain's "Your Still the One"......that song was playing every 5 minutes in the dorm bathroom, do you remember that?? Why is this song not on your list?!?!?

Brie said...

Heard and like most of those. I was and still am a big fan of Chicago!

Katie said...

I love and have been a fan of both your "Oldies" selection (I loved this song as I prepared for the wedding and it's also in one of my fave movies "Father of the Bride" - the one with Kimberly Williams)... and both my hubby and I each have our own copy of your "Highschool" selection - I think we both probably know every word to each of their songs on there. Funny. Neat post Carrie and glad you had a little getaway! :-)

Cora said...

Sounds like you had a great day out! And got to listen to your own music rather than "wheels on the bus" 15 times? Fun!

Anonymous said...

CARRIE,
I LISTENED TO ALL OF 'EM. WHEN I'M
NOT LISTENING TO FLOYD, I JUST REDISCOVERED PHIL KEAGY'S 220 CD.

THANKS FOR YOUR KIND COMMENT.

LOVE, DAD

NeedANap2 said...

Have the Chicago CD - love it! Love the classic and oldies too. What a great hubby to give you a day away. :)

高収入アルバイト said...

性欲を持て余し、欲求不満になっている女性を金銭の対価を得て、癒して差し上げるお仕事です。参加にあたり用紙、学歴等は一切問いません。高収入アルバイトに興味のある方はぜひどうぞ