Monday, November 9, 2009

Good reads

Thanks for the great book suggestions you gave me on this post a couple of months ago. I compiled them into a list and then searched for them on our library's on-line catalog. (Special thanks to Leanne for informing me that I can place a hold on my desired books and then just pick them up at the desk--what a great tip for moms with little kids! Also a special shout-out to Nicol who sent me the link to her Goodreads page so I can peruse her reviews of kids' books--I've gotten some great suggestions from her.)


Here were our favorites from the list of titles you recommended:

The Runaway Bunny and Goodnight Moon by Maragret Wise Brown
Click, Clack, Moo by Doreen Cronin
Shiver Me Letters by Jane Sobel
Bear Feels Sick and Bear Feels Scared by Karma Wilson (Nathan especially likes these, and they have great rhythm for reading aloud)
Llama, Llama, Red Pajama by Anna Dewdney
Is Your Mama a Llama? by Deborah Guarino
If You Give a Mouse a Cookie (etc.) by Laura Numeroff
The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle

Other fun books we've discovered that I wanted to share with you:


The Napping House by Audrey Wood
Hush Little Digger by Ellen Olson-Brown (a creative take on the lullaby "Hush Little Baby")
No, No, Natalie by Grace E. Moreman (My eye caught the name Natalie on the shelf--in the book, Natalie is a little bunny, and Nathan thought it was hilarious to say "No, no, Natalie!")
Christmas Cricket by Eve Bunting


If you have other titles to suggest, please send them my way--it's been fun to check out so many new books!

5 comments:

Mom said...

Sounds like a great list of books -- I can imagine that Nathan did think it was fun to say, "no, no, Natalie"!:) Love you, Mom

Cora said...

Hey Carrie,
If you'd ever like to see my list I'd love to share with you:) Also this morning we went to the library and checked out the Alphabet Adventure book we read at your house--I thought Em would get a kick out of it.

Leanne said...

thanks for the mention!! so sweet!

thehomespunheart said...

Glad you found some good new books! I don't do anything else but to put my books on hold and run in real quick and pick them up at the desk! It is such a time saver for a mom!

We love the Napping House too! We just finished reading How to make an apple pie and see the world ~ very cute!

Have a great day!
Monica

Amy Kathryn said...

Samara loves Dr. Seuss's ABC An Amazing Alphabet Book (especially The Quick Queen of Quincy and her Quacking Quack-a-Roo) and My Many Colored Days by Dr. Seuss also. In addition to a lot of the ones you mentioned.