Monday, November 16, 2009

Noel swap show and tell

Wow, my swap partner Lindsey sure blessed me with a wonderful and festive box of goodies!


Here is what Lindsey sent me: mint foot soak (very refreshing, especially when followed by this lotion), candles, sprinkles for decorating cookies, "simplify" and "peace" signs, mini gift bows, cookie cutter, mini spatula, darling notecards, socks she decorated with beads for Natalie (what a neat idea!), fun paper clips and photo albums, yummy hot cocoa, perfume, a lollipop for Nathan, and some decadent chocolate that I devoured immediately!


To top it all off, Lindsey used the title of my blog to write little messages on each item. For example, "You've been given . . . hands to bake and serve with" was attached to the cookie cutter and "You've been given . . . friends to share the journey with" was on the notecards. What a nice personal touch! She also shared her family's favorite holiday cookie recipe, and I can't wait to try them. Thank you so much, Lindsey!

And here is what I sent Lindsey: fair trade chocolate, Christmasy tissues, homemade hot cocoa (thanks, Amy, for the recipe and inspired packaging!), stickers, notecards, this soap, a vanilla candle, and an advent book for her kids, all packaged in a fun holiday container.

Swappers, now it's your turn to show and tell! Please note: for some reason, you need to click on the Mr. Linky icon below to see the links. Otherwise, you can link in the comments. Thanks!


12 comments:

thehomespunheart said...

Fun goodies! I haven't gotten my box yet - but will be sure to come back and post when I do!

Have a great day!
Monica

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Fun pkg Carrie! You and Monica matched me up perfectly with Jenni! I enjoyed getting to know her and our tastes were so much the same.

Here is the link to what I rec'd and what I sent her. Thank you so much for letting this "newbie" play. I can't wait for the next one! Ü

http://debbiedee.blogspot.com/2009/11/sisters-shoebox-swap.html

Denise said...

This was my first swap and I had so much fun! Thank you for this opportunity to meet someone new! I'm looking forward to the next one...

Here is the link to my blog with the details:

http://becausehetrustethinthee.blogspot.com/2009/11/noel-swap.html

LS said...

I linked up but I don't see my link there. I'm not sure why but maybe others can see it and I just can't.

Chocolate on my Cranium said...

I love swaps! Thanks so much for hosting this with Monica. I added my link to Mr. Linky but I'll post it here as well:

Noel Shoebox Swap

Ginger said...

I haven't gotten mine yet either.

Mom said...

Thanks, Kris! :)
Ruth

Carrie said...

This was my first time to participate in a swap as well and I really enjoyed it! Thank you so much for organizing -- and to Chocolate on my Cranium for the gifts!

http://www.readingtoknow.com/2009/11/noel-swap.html

heicoc said...

I received my box from Haley and it was filled with all kinds of goodies! Snowmen ornaments, Christmas ribbon, a cute paperbag scrapbook with Christmas paper, a yummy vanilla candle, a Noel sign, a cute mug, a cheeseball ball and some body wash. If I can figure out how to post the pics on my blog I will....Thanks so much to Haley for the great box and Monica and Carrie for hosting. This was my first swap and so much fun!

Jenn said...

I received my package from Crystal, and here is a link to my post:

http://oursnapshotlife.blogspot.com/2009/11/noel-swap.html

I have the delivery confirm number for the package I sent out to Crystal too if you need it. I haven't heard from her yet but she has intermittent internet access.

Hayley said...

Thanks to Heidi for the fun box filled with goodies! I posted on Mr. Linky. Go have a look-see!

Anonymous said...

Could not find a suitable section so I written here, how to become a moderator for your forum, that need for this?