Monday, December 14, 2009

Treat boxes

I love doing little crafty things that are simple and inexpensive, and I also enjoy making personalized gifts.

Last year, Monica sent me some plastic gift card holders that she got as a freebie from this store. I needed a present for one of the girls in my middle school Bible study, and had the idea to turn one of the free containers into a little treat box. Since I knew my recipient had a major sweet tooth, I filled each of the small compartments with a different variety of colorful candy. All I did was cover the logo with cute paper and stickers. Can that technically be called a craft?! =)

The treat box was a hit at our gift exchange last year, so I decided to make another one this time around:
The cost of this gift was nothing! I used paper and stickers I had on hand, and I'd set aside some of Nathan's trick-or-treat candy to put in the box. I'm guessing similar containers can be found quite cheaply at craft stores, if you're interested in putting one of these together. Enjoy!

7 comments:

Mom said...

Very cute -- way to use your resources! :) Love, Mom

Wendi said...

Love this! I am going to store this idea for Valentine's Day. Instead of treat bags I am going to do this. Cute!

Mary Ann said...

Cute! I don't know how big the compartments are but figure that the boxes could be used to store little odds and ends after the candy is eaten!

thehomespunheart said...

Cute! I love that you did something cute with those things I did not know what to do with! :)

Monica

Katie said...

Darling and resourceful!! Homemade gifts are the best!

Kelly said...

My favorite is the quote on the inside. Looks like the perfect gift for your middle school girls.

debra said...

So cute! I would love to receive this. :)