Monday, April 19, 2010

Even more good reads

We check out a handful of new books every week at the library, so I plan to continue posting the "winners" as I compile a dozen or so. Enjoy!

Do You Have a Hat? by Eileen Spinelli

Move Over, Rover! by Karen Beaumont

Kiss Good Night by Amy Hest

Giraffes Can't Dance by Giles Andreae

Where Is Bear? by Leslea Newman

Prayer for a Child by Rachel Field

Who Will Tuck Me In Tonight? by Carol Roth

So Many Bunnies: A Bedtime ABC and Counting Book by Rick Walton

Jamberry by Bruce Degen

Sakes Alive! A Cattle Drive by Karma Wilson

The Clock Struck One: A Time-telling Tale by Trudy Harris

Duck series by Jez Alborough

I also just discovered this site where you can search for recommended kids' books on a variety of topics. If you have any titles to suggest for my 3-year-old son, I'd love to hear them!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Great post, Carrie ~ we love library books ~ thanks for the recommendations! (I'm going to be doing a post soon on children's books as well!)

Here are a few good ones to check out if you haven't already:

"God Gave Us You" by Lisa Tawn Bergren

"The Secret Birthday Message" by Eric Carle (lots of Eric Carle books are so much fun!)

"The New Bible in Pictures for Little Eyes" by Kenneth N. Taylor

My kids also have loved the "Little Critter" (by Mercer Mayer) series as well as "The Berenstain Bear" series (by Stan and Jan Berenstain).

Will love to hear other recommendations too!

angie said...

My daughter loved "Frog and Toad" series by Arnold Lobel. It was also my husband's favorite childhood read.
"Duck on a Bike" makes me laugh out loud every time I read it. The ilustrations make the animals have such emotions.
I think anything by Eric Carle can be read on so many different levels. In addition to the story, you can be learning the days of the week, progression of time, colors, etc. depending on which book you are reading.

thehomespunheart said...

Oooh - I'll have to check this list out! We've been reading lots, but I can't think of them now - my brain is on overload tonight - whew.

Katie said...

Another quick book recommendation (but this one is almost more for mama than for the little ones)...

"Let Me Hold You Longer" by Karen Kingsbury

Great book to read while the kiddos are young!!