Monday, April 5, 2010

Offering Hospitality . . . on a Budget

I was so excited when my blog friend Carrie wrote that she and her sister-in-law had started a new blog called Offering Hospitality. I immediately subscribed, and have been appreciating the ideas and challenges for reaching out to others.

When Carrie asked me to write a guest post on the subjects of hospitality and frugality, I knew I wanted to participate. My ramblings actually turned into two separate posts, and the first one can now be found here. I hope you'll check it out!

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Thanks so much for sharing with us! =D

Katie said...

Great post, Carrie! I commented on it over there too, but that Chickenetti dish sounds right up our alley. I would love to try it soon ~ thanks! I also loved that you make the main course and a side dish and the rest of the meal is a potluck and up to the guests...how neat! I bet you have had some really interesting and tasty combos!

Leah in Iowa said...

That's how we celebrated Easter yesterday - all I had to bring was dessert and buns. Easy!

LOVE that you think of it as "hospitality" as compared to "entertaining". =)

thehomespunheart said...

Hey Carrie! That recipe sounds very similar to Pioneer Woman's Chicken Spaghetti which I've made a couple of times! Thanks for sharing your potluck ideas!