Monday, September 27, 2010

Happy birthday (and many more!)

It was especially meaningful to have my dad here last weekend, because we celebrated his 58th birthday!

As good birthdays should, the day totally revolved around yummy food. =) We started with our tradition of serving breakfast in bed--this time, it was delicious blueberry coffee cake. For our noon meal, the birthday boy chose a meal of brats, beans and apple pie. And for the evening, I thought it would be fun to have two of the favorite treats my mom used to make on Sunday evenings: popcorn and sopapillas.
In addition to attending church (and eating!), we also picked apples for my parents to take home, played games, talked to long-distance family, and of course watched my dad open some fun gifts. We love you, Dad, and are so thankful we could celebrate your birthday with you!

4 comments:

thehomespunheart said...

That birthday boy did always love him some good food! Sounds like a fun day!

Ginger said...

What a blessing to have him there for his day. He is the same age as my eldest brother.

Katie said...

Yay ~ Happy Birthday to Carrie's Dad!! :-) Looks like it was a special day! And I've never heard of sopapillas ~ will have to check those out! (My dad turns 58 in a couple of months ~ neat!)

Mom said...

Thanks for all you did to make Dad's birthday special! We are glad we could be there to celebrate with you -- love, Mom