Friday, September 24, 2010

A trip to the fair

I've already mentioned the clever way my dad said that instead of going to see the Grand Canyon, he wanted to see some grand kids. But what I didn't share is that a few weeks ago right after my dad's most recent medical update, I was fervently trying to figure out a way to get to Colorado to see my parents. One Sunday morning, I woke up feeling anxious about it, and I prayed, "God, would you make a way where there seems to be no way?" That very afternoon, my mom called and asked if they could visit us sometime in September. You can bet I cried. What a wonderful answer to my prayer!

We had a great time together, as you can see from the following photos. We took so many during their visit, that I'll have to do them in sections. This first part is from a nearby county fair:

6 comments:

Wendi said...

Great pictures! I especially like the one of your mom and Nathan riding "horses."

Katie said...

Oh, God is so good!! Thanks for sharing how specifically and promptly He answered your prayer! Special times captured in these photos....thanks for sharing with all of us. You have such a sweet family, and I'm so glad your parents were able to come and visit. It looks like a *grand* time indeed!! Blessings on your weekend!

Mom said...

What fun to check your blog this morning and see photos of our day at the fair! :) We had a wonderful time with you and your sweet family -- thanks for everything you did to make our visit special! Love you lots, Mom

gail said...

isn't that like our Lord to know your request and answer it before you even know it? so happy for you

thehomespunheart said...

Didn't know any of that story behind their visit - so glad God provided a way!

And, the fair looks like a lot of fun!

Hayley said...

Your folks look fabulous!! What fun memories you made! Thanks for sharing.