Friday, January 14, 2011

Referrals

When it comes to referral links, I always feel a little conflicted. As someone who cares deeply about stewardship, I don't want to ask myself or others to waste time or money. With that in mind, I share the links below with you not to encourage needless spending, but rather 1) as I mention again below, it seems like good stewardship to me to take advantage of the resources offered by some referral programs, and 2) to share those opportunities with you in case you care to do the same. Take 'em or leave 'em. =)

*I've been slow at jumping on the bandwagon, but I would like to say that I am a big fan of Swagbucks. I've read about it for a long time, and even signed up over a year ago--but then I never did anything with it. After using my mom's computer in CO, and seeing that she was an active Swagbucks user, I decided it was time to try it for myself. I do a lot of on-line searching, particularly for the work I'm doing at home for the college, so it's fun to be earning points towards Amazon gift cards--just for doing something I do every day! At the rate I've been winning points, I'm guessing it will take me less than two weeks to earn a $5 gift card with minimal effort on my part. Woo-hoo!


*I was also slow to join Groupon because we don't live near a major city, but I signed up last month, and I've been interested to see that quite a few offers are not location-specific. I'm guessing if you live in a more urban area that you could get some pretty good deals through this program, so it's worth checking out if you haven't already!


*I've been using Ebates for a few years now. Like Swagbucks, it's a great way to earn a little something if you're making on-line purchases anyway. To start earning cash back, all you have to do is sign up for an account and then click on the store you want to browse via the Ebates site. Super easy!


*This is not a referral link, but I want to encourage my sister in her latest endeavor as a consultant for a new Dayspring company called Blessings Unlimited. I am so proud of Monica--she has many gifts and abilities, and I think she will be a wonderful addition to their team. If you would also like to encourage Monica, please take a few minutes to browse the BU catalog. There are lots of neat gifts and home decor items, all with a Scripture or uplifting message. I know she'd enjoy hearing from you if you stop by!

Have a good weekend, everyone!

7 comments:

Leah in Iowa said...

I've heard of these referral programs, but don't have accounts with any of them. Maybe I'd better get on the ball and at least check them out further. I'm particularly interested in BU - I'll definitely be browsing THAT site. Thanks for the great leads!

Katie said...

Great links Carrie ~ thanks! Always up for saving some money! (I've heard of Swagbucks too through other bloggers ~ been wanting to try it ~ for a few reasons and not only money related!) Anyway, thanks for the thrifty tips! Have a good weekend.

thehomespunheart said...

I could ditto your very words on Swagbucks - and am happy to say that I'm two bucks from a $5 Amazon card :)

Wow, blown away by your very sweet and kind words - looking forward to talking to you this afternoon, thanks for the link!

Love you!
Monica

Ginger said...

I love Swagbucks, too; I just got my 3rd Starbucks gift card in the mail ($10). The closest is 30 miles away, but so nice when I head down there to Target!

Jennifer said...

I've been using swagbucks for about a year and was able to get a $50 Amazon gift card at Christmas. I use their search engine even for sights I visit all the time the points seem to add up pretty quick. Thanks for all the great links!

Mom said...

Great links! I get the daily e-mails from Groupon, but I haven't seen one yet that is a good deal for us. I hear about other people getting great deals through it, so I'll keep trying! Thanks for sharing -- love you, Mom

KellBell said...

Those are the 3 sites I use most often. Swagbucks is my favorite. Now work and big payoff. I think we've made $40 since September!