Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Checking in

Just checking in with a few random updates:

*Resurrection eggs--what a neat way to share this important Story with our children! I liked opening one new egg each day, and reviewing the parts of the narrative we'd already discussed. I also used Katie's suggestion of reading from our kids' Bible when the story matched what we were talking about with the eggs.

*We praise the Lord for two new nieces in one week (not twins!)--Lauren and Brylee. Can't wait to meet these precious girlies!


*I successfully made pancakes over the weekend. Woo-hoo!

*Thanks to all who commented about hymns. I'd never heard of one of Mer's favorites, but I looked it up on YouTube, and I've been listening ever since. Love it!

*Back Friday with toy swap details . . .

4 comments:

Katie said...

Baby blessings abound ~ what beautiful nieces ~ praise the Lord! The smile in that second photo is beyond precious!! I just clicked to that hymn Mer suggested as well ~ love it! =) Have a good week!

Wendi said...

I am so happy that you were able to make pancakes. Yeah!! The more you make them the easier it gets.

What sweet babies! I imagine you are excited to snuggle those sweeties.

Mom said...

Hooray for healthy new babies, favorite hymns, the story of Easter, and successful pancakes! Love you, Mom

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Oh....love that you've welcome two new babies! We're gearing up for a new niece in July! My girls are BEYOND excited.