Friday, May 13, 2011

Odds and ends

Note: This post was supposed to go up this morning (Friday). Instead, my post for next Tuesday was published due to the system-wide problems with Blogger. Thanks to those who commented on the Tuesday post. I'm guessing your comments won't reappear, but I plan to copy and paste them from my e-mail archives.

*Nathan's last of preschool was this week. He said he would most miss his friends and making things, so we'll have to see what we can do on both of those counts over the summer. Here is an example of something he made at school:I saw a brilliant idea years ago about taking photos of your kids' artwork, and that's what I've been doing this year with pieces that are too large to fit in a 3-ring binder. I plan to print the artwork photos and make some kind of collage that can go in the aforementioned binder.

*We had the chance to check out a medical helicopter last week (Claustrophobia!!), and I thought this was a great picture of father and son:
*Our weather has been all over the place. We went from having our heat on to temps in the low 90s and back to the 40s two days later! All of the humidity earlier in the week did this to my sweet girl's hair:I love it! Nathan's hair did that at this age, and Eric and I both had more curly hair as toddlers, too.

*Lastly, and not related to anything else in this post, if you haven't signed up for Groupon yet, I encourage you to check it out. Even in my rural area, I've been able to take advantage of on-line deals for photo sites and E-bay.

Have a good weekend, everyone!

6 comments:

Hayley said...

Love LOVE the idea of taking photos of your kids' artwork! I'm going to start doing that! Thanks for sharing! And, air conditioner was on yesterday.....furnace back on today. Uggh for midwest weather.

Mom said...

Great photos! Love the butterfly artwork, Natalie's curly hair, and the boys by the helicopter. :) Thanks for the "odds and ends!" Love you, Mom

thehomespunheart said...

Cute! Love the helicopter! My littles would've been eating that up!

Katie said...

Wow, B would love that helicopter!!! (Are you claustrophobic? :) Miss Natalie's curls are darling (wow, she looks so much like mommy in that pic)!

Anonymous said...

Love the photos, Carrie.

How exciting that Nathan got to see a helicopter up close and personal.
Good picture of him & Daddy.
Natalie's hair a adorable!
Also, love the butterfly Nathan made for you.

God Bless.

Love, Grandma

Melissa said...

Jane's hair curls like that in the humidity. I love it!

Love the idea of taking photos of artwork! Now I don't have to keep every little thing.