Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Special visitors

Happy official first day of summer, everyone! Thanks to all who left comments on my wedding attire post--very fascinating!

We had two rounds of special guests last week--whew! First of all, my dad, Monica, and her 3 kiddos trekked here from South Carolina. Here are some pix from our time together. I'm sure Monica will post more photos and go into greater detail about our activities, but needless to say, the cousins had a wonderful time playing together. Their one request was going to a fun pool in our area; in addition, Eric took them fishing, we made s'mores, and Monica and I pulled off a reprise of this. We had so much fun hanging out together. My dad even gave Monica and I an afternoon out for lunch and a trip to a coffeeshop!
About 24 hours after my family left, we welcomed a dear friend and former colleague, Michelle, who came for the weekend with her family. Here's a pic of us girls, followed by our kids hanging out together:
Thanks for coming, Dad, Monica and Michelle and families. We love you!

June is a big month for being with extended family. (Yay!) I'll be signing off here as we spend time with Eric's side of the family for a couple weeks.

8 comments:

Katie said...

So special!! I'm sure all the visits flew by! That's neat that you and Monica were able to have a special afternoon together! Will be praying for a safe journey for your family...have fun!

Mom said...

Great photos! :) Love, Mom

Ginger said...

glad you all got together

Wendi said...

I love how your family makes it a point of seeing each other even though you are miles and miles apart! Enjoy your family time!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the cute pictures, Carrie. I know you all had a great time together. I agree that it was really special & thoughtful of your dad to give you & Mo an afternoon out!
I pray you'll have a safe and happy trip to Michigan.

Love you all, Grandma

thehomespunheart said...

So cute, Carrie! It was great to be there!

Speaky1013 said...

Codell, glad your visits were awesome! I CANNOT wait to see you this weekend!! :) Another amazing visit for you to blog about...ha ha...

Leah in Iowa said...

Time with family and friends is so very special! Sounds like you've had fun, with more to come! Did you see me wave when you drove by? Just kidding. I'm sure I wasn't even at home - haha!