Friday, August 26, 2011

Good reads

I periodically like to share books that my children and I have enjoyed reading together. You can find previous lists here, but here are some more recent favorites:

One Monkey Too Many by Jackie French Koller
Shoes by Elizabeth Winthrop
Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin, Jr. and John Archambault
Noisy Nora by Rosemary Wells
Mini Racer by Kristy Dempsey
It's Spring! by Samantha Berger and Pamela Chanko
Flip, Flap, Fly! by Phyllis Root
One Lonely Sea Horse by Joost Elffers and Saxton Freymann (Very creative illustrations!)
That's What Friends Are For by Valeri Gorbachev
Making Friends by Fred (Mr.) Rogers
How Do Dinosaurs Play With Their Friends? by Jane Yolen and Mark Teague
Cheri Meiners' books about learning to get along with others--good stuff!

As always, I welcome your suggestions, too!

3 comments:

Katie said...

These look like fun books, Carrie! I especially would like to read the one by Mr. Rogers ~ I always have appreciated him so much!

Two books that we really enjoy reading (over and over again) is the series by Jim & Elizabeth George: "God's Wisdom for Little Boys" and "God's Wisdom for Little Girls".

Other favorites lately include the "Little Bear" series by Else Minarik and the "Frances" books by Russell Hoban. (My all-time fave is "Bread and Jam for Frances".) =)

Katie said...

Btw, if you look for "Bread and Jam for Frances" ~ look for the original (1964 version) ~ the newer one is modified and not as fun, in my opinion. =) I still have the one from my childhood with my name written in scribbly manuscript!

CK N said...

Okay, these books aren't profound or super meaningful by any stretch of the imagination, but we really enjoy the Fly Guy books. Also anything by Mo Willems.