Friday, December 2, 2011

Announcing . . .

We are thrilled to be expecting another healthy baby girl in April! The ultrasound tech was amazed we've used the same (reversible) sign each time, but it's served us well. Natalie is definitely excited about having a sister, but Nathan is quite disappointed, as he really wanted a brother. I told him since our dog is a boy that at least our house will be evenly split! I know he'll be a great big brother to this little one, though, especially since he enjoyed interacting with his 7 month-old cousin, Brylee, last weekend!

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers. I was even more grateful to see our little girl kicking and Linkher heart pumping strongly since we had quite a scare at the beginning of this pregnancy. Unfortunately, the ultrasound revealed that I have a condition called placenta previa, which can cause bleeding and premature delivery, so I appreciate your prayers as we continue down this path! It's been an emotional rollercoaster for sure.

14 comments:

Katie said...

♥Congratulations♥ to your whole family!!

I will definitely be praying, Carrie, for you and for this little one. A dear friend at our church had placenta previa with their first pregnancy, and their son, little Carter, is now just a few months older than our youngest. :) Praying for the Lord's protection around the entire pregnancy and delivery.

So excited for all of you!! (I love that you were wearing pink stripes when you learned of the news!)

Wendi said...

Congratulations Carrie!

I will be praying for you and your newest addition.

Mom said...

It's fun and exciting to know our newest grandbaby's gender (though we would be equally pleased if the news had been for a boy)! You are and will continue to be in our prayers for a safe pregnancy and delivery for you and your sweet baby girl!! Love and prayers, Mom

Carrie said...

Awwww, how exciting!!! =D CONGRATULATIONS!!!

And will definitely be praying for you!

Kara K said...

Congrats Carrie! We'll keep you in our prayers.

Carmen said...

Congratulations! So excited for you guys and praying for you and the baby to both stay healthy the entire pregnancy!

angie said...

I was diagnosed with the same condition with my first pregnancy. By the end of my gestation, the problem had corrected itself. We will pray for the same results for you and your baby girl.

Tim and Emily said...

Yey, Carrie! Congratulations! The girl-to-guy ratio among your children is quickly comparing to the girl-to-guy ratio at our college! :) You two must be wonderful parents!

kelseylynae said...

:-) How fun! Congratulations. And I think it's funny that you consoled Nathan with Reggie's gender :-)

Will be praying that everything goes well!

becka said...

My daughter is expecting in February and was told she had the same condition at her first ultra-sound but by a month later the condition had been resolved. I will pray the same will happen for you.

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

That's wonderful, Carrie! Congratulations!!!

Jillian, Inc said...

Congrats! And I'll add you to my prayer-list-that-is-taped-to-my-mirror-so-I-can-pray-while-I-dry-my-hair.

Emily said...

Congrats on another girl! We'll continue to pray for you.

Annette W. said...

Wow! Congratulations...and hoping baby stays safely inside you!