Friday, December 16, 2011

Book club

My blog friend Carrie recently asked me to participate in a new endeavor of hers: the Reading to Know Bookclub. She asked 12 different bloggers to each select a book, which we will review on her blog over the course 0f 2012. Anyone is welcome to join in by reading one or more of the books.

I have a strong tendency to over-think most decisions, so when Carrie asked me what book I'd like to review, my initial reaction was to tell her I would think about it. Which is code for "I will agonize over a list of titles, and once I choose one, I will still wonder if it was the best choice." But a funny thing happened. While I was typing the email telling Carrie I'd think about it, I realized it was silly to drag out such a decision. So I went to the list of books I've been wanting to read, and picked the first one: Running Away to Home by Jennifer Wilson. Wilson is a fellow Iowan who decides to move to her ancestral homeland of Croatia for a year in hopes of reconnecting with her past and present family. I usually really enjoy books of this nature, so I'd love for you to join in if you're interested.

My bookclub post is slated for February, but in the meantime, go check out the list of 12 books for the 2012 bookclub--such a nice mix of fiction and non on a variety of topics! What a neat idea, Carrie. Thanks for inviting me to participate!

4 comments:

Mom said...

This is a neat idea and I'll be interested to follow the reviews! Love, Mom

Carrie said...

I'm so glad that you are joining in AND that you didn't agonize over your choice because I think it is a good one! =D Definitely added to the mix and I'm looking forward to not only reading it, but hearing your thoughts on it also!

Annette W. said...

I'm looking forward to reading with you!!

Shonya said...

I'm really looking forward to the book club too! I have never heard of the book you chose, but in looking at it, I'm very excited for February. :)