Friday, January 13, 2012

Homemade gifts

We received several neat homemade gifts this year and I wanted to share them.

Nursing cover made by Monica. I have several friends who have raved about these, and I figured the third time's the charm. =) The cute taggie blanket was made by my mom.Scrabble coasters made by my sister-in-law, Kendra. What a fun idea!Parking garage made by Eric's dad--isn't this amazing? I casually mentioned that Nathan had enjoyed playing with this when I made it, and Eric's dad ran with it. What a keepsake!
Hot cocoa mixes with marshmallow stirring sticks made by my friend Kelly. I think these are darling and delicious, and I totally want to do something similar for Nathan's teachers for Valentine's Day.
Baby shoes and crayon roll made by Monica's friend Grace. I won a giveaway Monica hosted, and had my pick of items from Grace's new Etsy shop. Super cute!
Did you receive anything homemade this year?

9 comments:

thehomespunheart said...

Yay! What a fun post! :) The taggie blanket turned out super cute! I was wanting to get a little lovey/blanket for your baby gift but wondered if you'd prefer to use the taggie?

Love the parking garage and cute hot choc packs too! Those coasters are perfect for you! Cute how it says yummy in the middle! :)

Love you ...

Mom said...

The handcrafted items you received are all great -- love the parking garage made by Eric's dad! We received a big jar of nuts from Maggie that she had coated with a mixture including chili powder and cocoa -- they were yummy (and are gone!). Does the photo calendar that you and Monica put together count as homemade? It took care and thought to put it together and we love it! :) Love you, Mom

angie said...

We all cherish our homemade gifts, too. That parking garage will be an heirloom.

erin said...

Those are such awesome gifts! Eric's dad should think about selling the parking garages! I remember how much fun Nolan and I had with the Fisher Price version. I love Monica's nursing cover -- what great fabric!

Crystal said...

I didn't receive any homemade gifts, but I gave out some. We gave lots of "gifts in a jar" (scones were my favorite) and knitted dishcloths. I also made flannel pjs for everyone in my family =)
Your items are great! Love the parking garage!

Katie said...

Darling, darling, darling! Oh, I just love all of your featured items! :)

I didn't receive anything handmade, but we gave a few. The kids and I made a serving tray for my mom and a football cap holder for my dad.

I'm just itching to put my hands to work for gifts this year, though ~ thanks for this motivation!

Jthemilker said...

Very cool examples you have! Someone gave me a hat and a scarf that they made. I L-L-L-Love them!

Kara K said...

I made homemade vanilla extract, look for a post on it in the coming days!

Solar Panels Berkshire said...

That garage looked so much fun! And the crayon holder is lovely. I don't ever receive homemade gifts :(