Monday, February 6, 2012

Birthday gifts

I celebrated my birthday a couple weeks ago, and by far the best gift I received is that my parents came out to offer support and watch our kids while I had my next round of appointments. Here is a picture of us enjoying a treat at the local bakery, accompanied by some friends. (Nice smiles, kiddos!)I received several other nice birthday gifts, as well, and wanted to share a few here:

My family continued our breakfast in bed tradition with my request of yogurt/granola parfaits, assembled by Nathan. Yummy! Eric took the kids to the thrift store the weekend before and let them each pick out a gift for me. I wasn't quite sure what to say when I opened the one on the right--I definitely had to suppress a laugh at its, um, unique style! They were very excited to give these to me--really cute.My mom thought of an awesome gift for me--a personalized book of the month club! Each month, she's going to send me a book of her choosing. Her first selection was this. I can't wait to read it!

My dear friend Mandi made a neat framed picture of a verse that has been meaningful to me ever since this happened. And since I'm swimming through some deep rivers again, I have it prominently displayed where I can be reminded of His faithfulness to me.I also received a neat surprise from my wonderful blog friend, Katie, which I hope to share about in a couple weeks.

Though I had a bad cold on my birthday and didn't feel much like talking on the phone, I was so appreciative of all the notes, calls, and gifts I received. And I want to thank my parents again for making the trek out here!

8 comments:

Mom said...

Dear Carrie, we were glad to be there with you and your sweet family and to do what we could for you during this time of uncertainty. We love you very much!! Mom

Katie said...

What wonderful birthday gifts, Carrie! I'm so glad your parents could visit ~ living far away from my own, I know what a special blessing that is.

How fun that Eric brought the kiddos to a thrift store to pick out a gift ~ love that idea!! Your mom's gift is so very creative ~ what fun to have something to look forward to each month! Mandi's gift is so special and adorably displayed.

I hope your week ahead is filled with just as many blessings.
=) Katie

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing, Carrie.
It was indeed special that your folks could be there with you for this time.
Your birthday gifts are all so clever, as usual.

Thinking of you with love, Grandma

angie said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Isn't it amazing how much less we focus on the wrapped boxes as "gifts" as we get older?
But I do happen to know from a little birdie that you also rec'd a new lunch tote!

Carrie said...

=D Sounds like a pretty good birthday, despite it's difficulties!

I'm not sure what I'd DO exactly with the gift on the right but I do have to admit that it looks terribly COOL!

adnan amjad said...

Birthday is a special event and for that there must be a special gift.
Send gifts to Pakistan
Send gifts to Pakistan
Send gifts to Pakistan

Bdayo.Com said...

Happy Birthday! Do you need free birthday gifts and deals? It's totally Free! Bdayo.Com was created with one goal in mind to help our users enjoy, celebrate, and remember their birthday! Bdayo allows you to find unlimited amount of Birthday Freebies in your area and offer unique features to help you learn more about that special day!

espnsportstv said...

Happy Birthday to you! Are you finding free birthday gifts and deals? Try it! It's totally Free! Bdayo.Com was created with one goal in mind to help our users enjoy, celebrate, and remember their birthday! Bdayo allows you to find unlimited amount of Birthday Freebies in your area and offer unique features to help you learn more about that special day!